What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

k3ith
KVRist

237 posts since 16 Jan, 2010

Postby k3ith; Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:35 am Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

k3ith
KVRist

Postby k3ith; Sat May 03, 2014 11:20 am Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

Bump! :)
AleMilano
KVRer

5 posts since 3 May, 2014

Postby AleMilano; Sat May 03, 2014 12:40 pm Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

Really cool compliments! Did you recorded a real drum kit?
Frantz
KVRAF

2655 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sat May 03, 2014 2:38 pm Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

"Skinny Jeans" sounds like it could be a hit on the radio. Great job on this one.

"Windows" started off to my liking. Somewhere in the ballpark of "House of the Rising Sun." I thought the abrupt change to commercial dance music was jarring and unsuccessful. I think this one should be guitars only.
Last edited by Frantz on Sat May 03, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

16477 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat May 03, 2014 3:01 pm Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

Skinny Jeans really reminds me of something ... cant remember atm. Very catchy.
elassi
KVRian

805 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Sat May 03, 2014 3:08 pm Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

Frantz wrote:"Windows" started off to my liking. Somewhere in the ballpark of "House of the Rising Sun." I thought the abrupt change to commercial to dance music was jarring and unsuccessful.

:tu:

Same thoughts here.
k3ith
KVRist

Postby k3ith; Sun May 04, 2014 10:50 am Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

AleMilano wrote:Really cool compliments! Did you recorded a real drum kit?

Thanks man. No, just samples!

Frantz wrote:"Skinny Jeans" sounds like it could be a hit on the radio. Great job on this one.

"Windows" started off to my liking. Somewhere in the ballpark of "House of the Rising Sun." I thought the abrupt change to commercial dance music was jarring and unsuccessful. I think this one should be guitars only.

Thanks for the feedback. I know what you mean about Windows. Not to be disrespectful or rude in any way ( I have no idea how old or young you are) but the general concencus I get from this is that folks under <30 seem to like the drop but folks >30 wanted something more 'organic'. Jack (the guy I wrote it with) wanted the house drop, but we may do an alternative (guitar only) version some point down the line. I really appreciate the feedback man!

thecontrolcentre wrote:Skinny Jeans really reminds me of something ... cant remember atm. Very catchy.

Haha! Yeah it is very catchy. I think it's just great song writing. Skinny Jeans could be produced in a million different ways because the song is there. Chris's acoustic version of this song really is something special.

elassi wrote:
Frantz wrote:"Windows" started off to my liking. Somewhere in the ballpark of "House of the Rising Sun." I thought the abrupt change to commercial to dance music was jarring and unsuccessful.

:tu:

Same thoughts here.

See above and thanks for the feedback! :)
AleMilano
KVRer

5 posts since 3 May, 2014

Postby AleMilano; Sun May 04, 2014 11:50 am Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

Well wow, great mixing!
Frantz
KVRAF

2655 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sun May 04, 2014 11:54 am Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

k3ith wrote:Not to be disrespectful or rude in any way ( I have no idea how old or young you are) but the general concencus I get from this is that folks under <30 seem to like the drop but folks >30 wanted something more 'organic'.

I'm part of the >30 camp. Way past 30. :cry:
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
k3ith
KVRist

Postby k3ith; Sun May 04, 2014 7:12 pm Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

Frantz wrote:I'm part of the >30 camp. Way past 30. :cry:

Happens to the best of us! :)
ntom
KVRAF

2131 posts since 18 Oct, 2010, from Texas

Postby ntom; Sun May 04, 2014 9:09 pm Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

Well I will agree it's definitely well mixed, but I think it's quite aweful music, but I guess that's just personal taste.

Actually the second track doesn't sound quite as well mixed as the other one.
k3ith
KVRist

Postby k3ith; Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 pm Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

ntom wrote:Well I will agree it's definitely well mixed, but I think it's quite aweful music, but I guess that's just personal taste.

Actually the second track doesn't sound quite as well mixed as the other one.

If you're not into that kinda thing, then so be it. However, I do agree with you on the second point. It's a bit too 'thin' for my liking. But it is what it is! :)
ntom
KVRAF

Postby ntom; Sun May 04, 2014 11:09 pm Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

It was thin and the kick was obtrussive; it kind of had a "hollow" sound that I think conflicted with the premise of the rest of the track. I suppose that too is a matter of opinion, but it was quite obvious and very distracting that ultimately made me click away from the track,
k3ith
KVRist

Postby k3ith; Sun May 04, 2014 11:23 pm Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

ntom wrote:It was thin and the kick was obtrussive; it kind of had a "hollow" sound that I think conflicted with the premise of the rest of the track. I suppose that too is a matter of opinion, but it was quite obvious and very distracting that ultimately made me click away from the track,

Thank man, i think your analysis on the second song is fair and constructive! :)
ntom
KVRAF

Postby ntom; Sun May 04, 2014 11:51 pm Re: Songs I've Made (SoundCloud)!

I hope so. Even if I don't like it, I at least want to try and help other than say "wow that was bad" - because, really, where does that get us?
Next

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe