T-RackS CS licences

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I would like to sell my T-RackS Deluxe + Grand UPG licences, but there's something I'd like to know before I post a new topic at the KVR Market Place.

So, I have a licence for T-RackS CS Deluxe and T-RackS CS Grand UPG from Deluxe. To sell them both I need to buy two separate Transfer Licence Credits (15 € x2). Ok, so it costs me 30 euros to sell my licence but that's not the thing that bothers me...

I have purchased Bus Compressor module later but for some reason there are no licence for that in my IK User Account?! Why is that?! It cost over 70 euros, so does it mean that Bus Compressor module is now integrated to that CS Grand account?! That would suck big time! Tell me it ain't so...

Peter?
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Is it because I've purchased it by using those "funny" IK credits? I think there should be some serial number on my account to show that I have purchased the module and that I can sell (transfer the licence) it if I want to, right?

So if you buy those new Neve modules or 432 by using credits, they don't show up on your IK User Account? :o

Just want to know how it is. It's not the end of the world if I kinda "lose" the module, but I like to keep it (+ Metering) and I think it would be silly just to let it "expire" since it cost a lot of money - I'm sorry: credits :?

if you bought it using gear credits, you can't sell it at all AFAIK. if, on the other hand, you bought it as a single, then you can resell it.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:if you bought it using gear credits, you can't sell it at all AFAIK. if, on the other hand, you bought it as a single, then you can resell it.
I don't want to sell it, I'd like to keep it! But if I sell my T-RackS Deluxe + Grand (UPG) licence, do I lose the Bus Comperssor as well?

J4R10 wrote:I don't want to sell it, I'd like to keep it! But if I sell my T-RackS Deluxe + Grand (UPG) licence, do I lose the Bus Comperssor as well?
I would certainly hope/think not!
Burillo wrote:if you bought it using gear credits, you can't sell it at all AFAIK. if, on the other hand, you bought it as a single, then you can resell it.
I just opened a support ticket to see if this is changing any time soon.

From their FAQ dated at about 11 months ago:
Items purchased a-la-carte inside of the Custom Shop are not transferable to another user or other account. We are working on this to allow Custom Shop purchases to be transferable. More information to come.

Collections that are purchased in the Custom Shop can be transferred, as they are provided a serial number in your account.

Individual T-RackS processors purchased from the IK webstore can be transferred as of T-RackS v.4.5.

For more information on transferring a license, please visit here.

FAQ ID 3611, 2013-05-21

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/

I was in your position a few months ago. Sold the Grand bundle, kept the Bus Comp. Bus Comp didn't disappear ... I'm still using and liking it! And that's good, because as 4tune pointed out, you can't transfer CS singles. I guess this should be more widely known -- one of the many IK quirks is that those licenses are NFR. That includes the newer plugs like the Neve emulations and 432 Mastering EQ. So make sure you like 'em before you buy 'em from that infernal Custom Shop!

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Just like on our forums, I'm going to recommend you contact support.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Eddie TX wrote:I was in your position a few months ago. Sold the Grand bundle, kept the Bus Comp. Bus Comp didn't disappear ... I'm still using and liking it!
Hi, Eddie!

Btw, did you purchased it from Custom Shop using the credits? I purchased it via the Custom Shop (using the credits) the very same week it was released and maybe that's why there are no serial number on my user account. If I only knew I would have bought it from Audio Deluxe to make sure to get a serial number.

It's [Bus Compressor] not included in the Grand bundle, so that made me think why would it be integrated to the Grand licence after the purchase. And that would be really silly if it just happens to disappear during/or after the licence transfer from my CS module list AND from that Grand licence.

But you never know and that is why I'm gonna contact the IK support tomorrow.

ObiK wrote:Just like on our forums, I'm going to recommend you contact support.
Support ticket opened.

J4R1O wrote:
Eddie TX wrote:I was in your position a few months ago. Sold the Grand bundle, kept the Bus Comp. Bus Comp didn't disappear ... I'm still using and liking it!
Hi, Eddie!

Btw, did you purchased it from Custom Shop using the credits?
Yeah, at the time I think that was the only way to get it, IIRC. But I wouldn't worry about it disappearing if you sell the Grand. It can't hurt to check with IK directly, of course.

These days, there must be ... fifty ways to buy IK plugins. Fifty ways to buy IK plugins. You just slip out the back, Jack ... :D

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

4tune wrote:
I just opened a support ticket to see if this is changing any time soon.

From their FAQ dated at about 11 months ago:
Items purchased a-la-carte inside of the Custom Shop are not transferable to another user or other account. We are working on this to allow Custom Shop purchases to be transferable. More information to come.

Collections that are purchased in the Custom Shop can be transferred, as they are provided a serial number in your account.

Individual T-RackS processors purchased from the IK webstore can be transferred as of T-RackS v.4.5.

For more information on transferring a license, please visit here.

FAQ ID 3611, 2013-05-21

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/
I got a response from IK for the support ticket. They said that they are still working on making custom shop singles transferable and should be possible within a couple of months time-frame.

Just got this from IK Support:

"Anything bought directly in the Custom shop is not transferable at this time, sorry. Anything with a serial # is."

So, if buying T-RackS modules I recommend using AudioDeluxe (or some other store) instead of Custom Shop.

J4R1O wrote:So, if buying T-RackS modules I recommend using AudioDeluxe (or some other store) instead of Custom Shop.
Yeah the whole situation is quite messy at the moment..

4tune wrote:
J4R1O wrote:So, if buying T-RackS modules I recommend using AudioDeluxe (or some other store) instead of Custom Shop.
Yeah the whole situation is quite messy at the moment..
IK should tell all their customers that modules purchased via Custom Shop are not registered to your IK user account so you can't resell them if you want to.

They say they're gonna fix that, but I'm afraid they won't give serial numbers for the modules people have already purchased by using the CS credits.

Return to “Effects”