Zebra 2 is amazing!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) Diva Triple Cheese Zebra

So I just wanted to stop by and say that I think that Zebra 2 is truly amazing. I'm a fairly new producer and have been exploring various synths for the past year or so.. and I have to say that, while there are definitely some other good synths out there, Zebra really stands out from the crowd. Not only is the UI straightforward and unobstructive, but the synth just sounds great, too!

Great work, u-he! :clap:

-n

Thank you :oops:

:tu:

OK I'm going to succumb to the good Zebra vibes and post in this thread.

Yes, Zebra 2 is amazing. I bought it in 2011, and have been using it more or less full-time since then. It just covers so much ground and does it all with such quality that now, I rarely find myself even interested in other synths. Once you know it (which takes years; I'm still a novice after 3) you just don't need anything else.

Well, except for ACE of course. :hihi:

Oh yeah, and Triple Cheese. Most underrated u-he synth ever. It can do some things which I find hard to replicate in Zebra.

so i just want to chime in here :-)

the best part of zebra is that after over 2.5 years of owning it i´m far away from having explored all possibilities - seems impossible to me. always rewarding, always refreshing. zebra be good to me ;-) inspiring and versatile, surely one of the best purchases of my life (and i´m not talking software only or for that matter musical equipment only).

have a nice day :-)

a-type wrote:OK I'm going to succumb to the good Zebra vibes and post in this thread.

Yes, Zebra 2 is amazing. I bought it in 2011, and have been using it more or less full-time since then. It just covers so much ground and does it all with such quality that now, I rarely find myself even interested in other synths. Once you know it (which takes years; I'm still a novice after 3) you just don't need anything else.

Well, except for ACE of course. :hihi:
and Bazille... and Diva... :hihi:

Zebra is ridiculous. I picked it up in March and I'm in love. I spent a week with the manual as bedtime reading on my ipad, played around and got the gist of how it works, and now almost every time I start a patch, even just hacking around, I get something usable and worth saving.

The tonal palette is vast and inexhaustible, the sound quality is top notch, the software itself is virtually flawless, being the product of ten years of incremental development by a talented and conscientious programmer. My only regret is that I didn't jump on it sooner.

~Pd~ wrote:...My only regret is that I didn't jump on it sooner.

Welcome to the family!

:lol: :) :party:

Just watch the Zebra Macprovideo Tutorials and got addicted to Zebra, next step exploring Dark Zebra. Then Bazille.
Thank you Urs so much for so much fun!

Well of course I agree but......... give ACE a bit of love too. Having succumbed to the enigma of Bazille, I tried ACE out. As usual with uhe plugins it was purcahsed within minutes, I don't know why I bother with the demos any more.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Zebra 2 remains my favorite vst synth, though Diva, Ace, and now Bazille are all great. I can't imagine anything better...except Zebra III. (I am certain it will deserve the extra stripe)

Last edited by bftucker on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
바보

When i first demoed Zebra it was back in its earlier days and as cool as it was I was not very convinced. This might have been due to my lack of synthesis knowledge back then too. As development on Zebra progressed more and more i would demo it again and was eventually sold with version 2.

The XMF filter and Distortion module were incredible much needed additions that pretty much won me over right away. I love distorted sounds so it was almost a no-brainer to own this incredible modular synthesizer.

I'm not sure I'll ever sell Zebra! It's pretty much indispensable for me now. Honestly it can't get any easier to put together a track with Zebra due to its fast workflow and logical layout. Everything you need is there to put together some excellent sounds! Sure it might not have 12 oscillators and 12 LFOS etc but it has just the right amount of modules that will help you create some very incredible sounds. Hopefully Zebra3 will allow us to have 8 oscillators ;)

If anyone asks me what they should get for their first VSTi i always recommend Zebra2 now because i think it's an incredible tool to learn synthesis on.
:borg:

bftucker wrote:Zebra 2 remains my favorite vst synth, though Diva, Ace, and now Bazille are all great. I can't imagine anything better...except Zebra 3.

exactly! :tu:
...once you get used to the flexibility of Zebra (or at least some advanced aspects you frequently use) you can't really go back!

~Pd~ wrote:my only regret is did not jump on it sooner
hello,

same here, wasted so much time with other developers' stuff, to nearly no avail... :wink:

all the best...

Return to “u-he”