What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Origins - SystematicX1 [Progressive Trance]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

LordRushx1
KVRer

22 posts since 18 Aug, 2011

Postby LordRushx1; Fri May 09, 2014 9:55 pm Origins - SystematicX1 [Progressive Trance]

Been on a remix kick for quite some time and so after a year I present my latest original work entitled Origins. Any feedback ALWAYS appreciated as I havent done a Trance track in over 10 years..lol

http://soundcloud.com/djrush-2/wip
seismic1
KVRAF

6604 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat May 10, 2014 6:01 pm Re: Origins - SystematicX1 [Progressive Trance]

I liked the overall sound on here and the arps were very nice, but I think you should drop them out occasionally just to give the listener a brief respite, and to maximise their effect. Maybe adding a slow lead melody line which you could introduce occasionally would give the track a little more variety. Maybe you could also try varying the percussion during the breakdown between 2:00-3:00. The kick sounded a little "thin" left on its own for a whole minute. Try using a "fatter" kick sound at a low volume, or a solo hat pattern just to give that section a little more variety.

Good work :)
LordRushx1
KVRer

Postby LordRushx1; Sat May 10, 2014 9:46 pm Re: Origins - SystematicX1 [Progressive Trance]

Seismic1 Thanks soooo much for taking the time to actually listen ,critique and post, it is truly appreciated. For sure taken to heart! Thanks man!
DJ Warmonger
KVRist

404 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Sat May 10, 2014 10:01 pm Re: Origins - SystematicX1 [Progressive Trance]

Oldschool. Indeed sounds like 2001 or something ;) Albion - Air comes to my mind.

The thing is, trance has eveolved since then. I don't only mean popular trends, but also technical quality as such. It it now more powerful, more complex, more dynamic. Few monophonic synths playing simple patterns no longer make a tune :P Even if you are going progressive, it must be deeper - both in structure and mixdown.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
LordRushx1
KVRer

Postby LordRushx1; Sat May 10, 2014 10:23 pm Re: Origins - SystematicX1 [Progressive Trance]

Warmonger,
I'd have to agree with you as I have heard some pretty dynamic tracks from the likes of noah neiman & Scot project,etc.
To be honest, I dont keep up with the trance trends of today, and as mentioned, this was the first attempt at making a track like this in over 10 years. Perhaps calling it "progressive" was bad terminology however...it was just something that seemed to flow fairly natural for me.
And to you kind sir, I Thank You as well for your time and critique.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe