Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

[Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

User avatar
sbj
KVRian
 
649 posts since 17 Aug, 2012, from Denmark

Postby sbj; Sun May 18, 2014 1:05 am [Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

Synths used: W and Standard from Xoxos - Minimoog V from Arturia
+ Native MuLab.
Drums: Drumatic4 from E-phonic

This a track from my new set which you can (of course) find on
SoundCloud or if you prefer BandCamp (name your price)

https://soundcloud.com/sbj67/s-b-j-surprise-02-we-i-r-d

Feel free to comment so I can improve (it all helps...Good or bad)
User avatar
ecamburn
KVRist
 
392 posts since 16 Dec, 2003

Postby ecamburn; Sun May 18, 2014 8:30 am Re: [Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

Nice dubby groove. A lot of nice elements - deep, dubby bass, scratchy guitar sound, and all sorts of odd little sound fx here and there. Reminds me a bit of waterjuice. I enjoyed it.
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
7351 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun May 18, 2014 10:23 am Re: [Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

I really liked the rumbling bass. It sounded like a motorbike starting up at the beginning. I liked the drum sounds too. I bought Drumatic4 last year, but haven't put it to any proper use yet. Nice funky groove running through this one.

Good work :)
User avatar
sbj
KVRian
 
649 posts since 17 Aug, 2012, from Denmark

Postby sbj; Mon May 19, 2014 10:47 am Re: [Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

ecamburn wrote:Nice dubby groove. A lot of nice elements - deep, dubby bass, scratchy guitar sound, and all sorts of odd little sound fx here and there. Reminds me a bit of waterjuice. I enjoyed it.


Thank you very much. :tu:
I googled waterjuice and it came up with a San Francisco duo.
Gonna check them out :phones:

Cheers :)
User avatar
sbj
KVRian
 
649 posts since 17 Aug, 2012, from Denmark

Postby sbj; Mon May 19, 2014 10:53 am Re: [Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

seismic1 wrote:I really liked the rumbling bass. It sounded like a motorbike starting up at the beginning. I liked the drum sounds too. I bought Drumatic4 last year, but haven't put it to any proper use yet. Nice funky groove running through this one.

Good work :)


Glad you liked it Tim.

I know the problem (don't we all) too many
plugins and too little time.
The luxury "curse" we put on ourselves :hihi:

Cheers :tu:
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
7351 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Mon May 19, 2014 3:39 pm Re: [Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

sbj wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I really liked the rumbling bass. It sounded like a motorbike starting up at the beginning. I liked the drum sounds too. I bought Drumatic4 last year, but haven't put it to any proper use yet. Nice funky groove running through this one.

Good work :)


Glad you liked it Tim.

I know the problem (don't we all) too many
plugins and too little time.
The luxury "curse" we put on ourselves :hihi:

Cheers :tu:


But I have a cure for that. I'm set to use 33 VST(i)s on my next track (just not all at the same time), including one of your suggestions :)
User avatar
sbj
KVRian
 
649 posts since 17 Aug, 2012, from Denmark

Postby sbj; Tue May 20, 2014 12:52 am Re: [Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

Seismic1 wrote:But I have a cure for that. I'm set to use 33 VST(i)s on my next track (just not all at the same time), including one of your suggestions :)


Sounds like a good idea. I still have ComputerMuzys, on my laptop
because of some old tracks I hope to finish. As you may know, it
has a limitation of 15 plugins - Vsti's included.
Kind of healthy to be reminded, of a time not so long
ago, where the standards and possibilities were totally
different.
Is it GenesisCM you are thinking of ?
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
7351 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Tue May 20, 2014 3:26 pm Re: [Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

No. I put the SLVR Exciter on the layered kicks.
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
3267 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Tue May 20, 2014 7:32 pm Re: [Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

I like it. A good groove with lots of interesting sounds happening over the top. :tu:

I guess the treble has been boosted using EQ or processed in some way. I guess it adds excitement but it's fatiguing to my oversensitive ears.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
User avatar
sbj
KVRian
 
649 posts since 17 Aug, 2012, from Denmark

Postby sbj; Wed May 21, 2014 10:30 am Re: [Electronic/a] S-B-J - Surprise

Frantz wrote:I like it. A good groove with lots of interesting sounds happening over the top. :tu:

I guess the treble has been boosted using EQ or processed in some way. I guess it adds excitement but it's fatiguing to my oversensitive ears.


Thanks for listening Frantz :)

You know what they say: Treble without a cause :hihi:

I'm always struggling with the sound and it is like I hear
different things from one day to the next.

At some point I say to myself: Let it be and I move on.
Glad you liked it anyway though.

Cheers :tu:

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe