insect stream - for guitar and field recording

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

for guitar and field recording of insects hovering over the Porarari River, Punakaiki, New Zealand.
Last edited by woggle on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a small bump

Can't get this one to work Greg. It starts playing then stops dead.
Image Image

:) ran out of water

So if I want to cover this piece where should I start? :hihi: I'm in the south western united states if that helps.

Pretty interesting. Moves from sparse meditation to dense wild. What did you use for the field recording?

Genetic_Junk wrote:So if I want to cover this piece where should I start? :hihi: I'm in the south western united states if that helps.

Pretty interesting. Moves from sparse meditation to dense wild. What did you use for the field recording?
To do a cover the following may help :)
I recorded this with my Sony minidisc - MZ-90. I don't use it anymore, but it is a great recorder (now I use a Sony PCM-M10). The mics are a cheap stereo pair sold for binaural recording. They have alligator clips on them which is great for attaching to things like bushes (in this case) The insect sounds have been slowed down so that there is the original recording, another slowed a little bit and another slowed a little bit more. Plus the water sounds which are natural. The guitar is the high pitched stuff right at the beginning and through most of it. Plus some more 'snap' sounds. The guitar is a nylon string classical prepared by attaching small split shot fishing sinkers onto the strings. That's an old recording as well. There's some reverb and delay on that - and multiple tracks.

Wow Greg. Very different! Great ideas! Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Still couldn't get this to play from inside kvr, just stops at :21.

Going to your SC page did the trick, and glad I finally got to hear this. Fascinating techniques, makes me want to bust out the field recorder. Great sense of activity to this piece of the crescendo-ing really works well.
Image Image

thanks John and Matthew - I thought you were joking about it stopping because the piece ends so abruptly - I didn't realise it actually wasn't playing via kvr.

Return to “Music Cafe”