What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Tips

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

KVRist

59 posts since 9 Aug, 2013, from The Hague, The Netherlands

Postby EatMe; Thu May 22, 2014 3:18 am Tips

presenting:

EatMe - Tips

EatMe - Tips.mp3

by EatMe / free music

some rights reserved, see this Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license

enjoy!
KVRist

389 posts since 16 Dec, 2003

Postby ecamburn; Thu May 22, 2014 5:11 am Re: Tips

I really like your choice of sounds, especially the bouncy synth sound that comes in with the drums at the beginning. Great grooves in this tune. I also like your use of dynamics. There's a pad that sounds like it has sidechain compression applied to it. However it was achieved the gating on that pad got a little distracting at points. Nice tune.
KVRist

440 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Thu May 22, 2014 8:42 am Re: Tips

Nice buildup. it's quite minimal sounding but the sounds keep on growing :)

What I would like is a bit more melody though
KVRist

Postby EatMe; Thu May 22, 2014 10:00 am Re: Tips

ecamburn wrote:I really like your choice of sounds, especially the bouncy synth sound that comes in with the drums at the beginning. Great grooves in this tune. I also like your use of dynamics. There's a pad that sounds like it has sidechain compression applied to it. However it was achieved the gating on that pad got a little distracting at points. Nice tune.

Hi there, thank you for your comment. I made the sidechain with a LFO to a high pass filter ramping down to the beat on the synths creating sort of a wah and a LFO with a volume ramp up on the bass synthesizer to the beat. The gating on the pad is achieved in many ways; there is a change of length of the decay in most synths and there is some build with (some stepped) filter automation and delay and reverb that builds up to the breaks. Happy to see the tune is nice in your opinion, glad to have pleased you. Ktxbai,

EatMe / free music
KVRist

Postby EatMe; Thu May 22, 2014 10:04 am Re: Tips

Jesse Gorter wrote:Nice buildup. it's quite minimal sounding but the sounds keep on growing :)

What I would like is a bit more melody though

Thank you for your comments and consideration. With many different synthesizer tracks in this tune, each with their own build, and also some builds in the drums, I tried to keep the flow going. Thank you for letting me know that you would like to hear some more melodic parts, I'm not sure whether I will add any more to the tune though. Thanks again for commenting. Stay tuned!

EatMe / free music
KVRist

440 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Thu May 22, 2014 10:12 am Re: Tips

It's just my taste ;)

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe