AGG 1.7.0 - no release sound

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just downloaded AGG 1.7.0 from the Ample Sound website for demoing, and I can't seem to hear any release sample, even after I enabled Fret Sound Toggle and turned the REL knob and FSR(Fret Sound Release) knob all the way up

Does anyone else experience this problem? Or is this a limitation before activation?

If you play the virtual keyboard of ample guitar, you will not hear release sound because note off velocity is 0. You can try again with an external midi keyboard or click on the fretboard directly.

Thanks for the answer!

I've actually been playing it with my digital piano when I couldn't hear the release samples.

But after reading your reply I realized that my keyboard doesn't send true note-off messages.
Instead, it sends a note-on with velocity=0, which is then interpreted as a note-off according to midi spec.

Therefore, I set up a mapping that converts all note-on messages with velocity of 0 into note-off messages with a constant velocity, and this solved the problem.

Hopefully not too many people will run into this problem, as most keyboards nowadays seem to replace genuine note-off messages with note-on messages of 0 velocity to maintain running status

Ample Guitar processes note-on message of 0 velocity as note-off message but the volume of release sound is determined by velocity, thus no sound when velocity is 0.

Help me please. I have the same problem in Studio One 2.6. I can hear the release sound clearly in Fl studio with the same midi controller. Can you explain the midi note on off more? I didnt get it.

Return to “Ample Sound”