What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

AusDisciple
KVRist

210 posts since 6 Oct, 2013, from South Australia

Postby AusDisciple; Wed May 28, 2014 10:08 am 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

This track started off as a patching experiment using the public beta of u-he Bazille and quickly grew into an improvised electronic performace reminiscent of the style typical of the mid 70s Berlin School of Electronic Music.

Edit - direct link to download songs from this album - Hidden Gems | Instrumental Journeys

For this track, I used Bazille exclusively for the sounds. All patches are my own Bazille experiments.
The only place I used any effects outside of Bazille is on the pad sound which starts at 59 seconds. For that sound, I patched Bazille through a Big Rock phaser and Valhalla Shimmer. All other effects (various delays, phasing and spring reverbs) are straight from Bazille.

For performance, I used my Yamaha SY77 with the 1st modulation wheel set to control Bazille LFO rate and depth (rate increases with depth to accentuate intensity variation) and the 2nd modulation wheel controls filter cutoffs.
Sequence and pads were played on my Yamaha KX8 and the lead parts on the SY77. Both parts were played and recorded together and a second lead track was overdubbed later. No SY77 sounds were used. It is all Bazille. The SY77 was just used as a MIDI controller.

The main sequence was created with BlueARP (which was tweaked in realtime) and the percussive pink noise effects were triggered from SquaredHeads Nora.

Recording, mixing and mastering was done on my Sony Vaio Duo 11 convertible tablet running Win8 and REAPER.

This track has inspired me to start work on a new album of 70s style electronic improvisations which I will be calling, "Hidden Gems."
The first track is called, "Run the Race."
Here it is. Let me know what you reckon....
http://ausdisciples.com.au/media/audio/ ... e-Race.mp3

This track and all other AusDisciples Band tracks can be downloaded from my website for free (link is in my signature).
Last edited by AusDisciple on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
yellukhan
KVRist

386 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Postby yellukhan; Wed May 28, 2014 10:32 am Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

:tu: beautiful
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

777 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Wed May 28, 2014 10:34 am Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

Some nice kosmische here!

Sounds reminiscent of the better bits of Encore/Stratosphere/Force Majeure era TD to me. Even pushing a little bit into their early 80s period with some of the sounds.
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
Shabdahbriah
KVRAF

4324 posts since 19 Jun, 2008

Postby Shabdahbriah; Wed May 28, 2014 11:33 am Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

Wow! This is just stunning cool... :clap:
Perception is the ultimate "reality" ~ but not, the ultimate Truth.
elassi
KVRian

861 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Wed May 28, 2014 2:49 pm Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

Total dissolution throughout the (non-existing) evolvement of this opus but nonetheless: a thrilling voyage on a train of sound. :tu:
himalaya
KVRAF

4004 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Wed May 28, 2014 3:39 pm Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

Perfection!

I'd say that the bass and pads are more reminiscent of JMJ, but the overall vibe is definitely Berlin School, very Klaus Shulze.

A very mature sound you've got there.

This track has inspired me to start work on a new album of 70s style electronic improvisations

Please notify us when it's completed.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
himalaya
KVRAF

4004 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Wed May 28, 2014 3:40 pm Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

By the way, greets to another SY77 user. :-)
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
bftucker
KVRist

479 posts since 30 Apr, 2004, from Louisville, KY

Postby bftucker; Wed May 28, 2014 4:03 pm Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

VERY nice...
Frantz
KVRAF

2670 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Wed May 28, 2014 5:57 pm Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

That sounds great. A nice Bazille showcase. Great mix. :tu:
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
ho66it
KVRist

152 posts since 19 Dec, 2011, from Colorado

Postby ho66it; Wed May 28, 2014 6:24 pm Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

Wonderful!
phreaque
KVRist

331 posts since 16 Jul, 2007, from Baghdad-Iq

Postby phreaque; Wed May 28, 2014 9:37 pm Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

Neat arrangement and nice mood it gives.. well done..
Phreaque Modi
squaredheads
KVRist

92 posts since 8 Apr, 2014

Postby squaredheads; Wed May 28, 2014 10:32 pm Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

Relaxing and cool track! :)
phoenstorm
KVRist

133 posts since 16 May, 2010

Postby phoenstorm; Thu May 29, 2014 1:29 am Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

amazing stuff! - I enjoyed this a lot!
core
KVRAF

4204 posts since 2 Sep, 2005, from city of lights (nl)

Postby core; Thu May 29, 2014 1:33 am Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

:clap: Beautiful!
rekkerd.org - latest news, free samples, audio plugins, patches & sounds and plugins deals
kryptonaut
KVRian

511 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Postby kryptonaut; Thu May 29, 2014 4:39 am Re: 70s Style Berlin Electronic Improv - Nora, Bazille, BlueARP, Big Rock, Shimmer - Run the Race!

Brilliant, I really enjoyed that - several times :)
:clap:
Next

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe