Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Electra3 ElectraX

Electra2 grace period - free upgade to v2.0:

Some of you might have already noticed the upcoming release of Electra2.
We decided to offer a grace period: All customers who order ElectraX between May 2014 and the release of Electra2 will be able to upgrade to Electra2 for free.

Some highlights of the upgrade will be:
500 additional patches
Reworked factory patches
A patch browser
16 new effects
5 new filters
Sample editor
Physical modelling synthesis
Enhanced sound quality
New graphics
Better user interface
Downward compatibility with the previous version
And a huge number of further new featues and enhancements!
As seen on Facebook & Their email campaign
Last edited by julioelgenio on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Your post keeps referring to it as "Electra2" but you mean ElectraX 2, right? How do you have this info?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:Your post keeps referring to it as "Electra2" but you mean ElectraX 2, right? How do you have this info?
It is definitely Electra 2 (with no "X"). This info was posted on Tone2's Facebook page earlier today and sent in an email to those on their mailing list.

The OP was copied from an email I received as well. It is Electra2, they've dropped the X, as mentioned in the other thread.

I wonder what kind of physical modelling it can do...

jsp1979 wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:Your post keeps referring to it as "Electra2" but you mean ElectraX 2, right? How do you have this info?
It is definitely Electra 2 (with no "X"). This info was posted on Tone2's Facebook page earlier today and sent in an email to those on their mailing list.
OK, saw it. Weird. I'll never quite get why Tone2 does what it does marketing wise. Do they think that "X" is stopping people from buying their instrument? :neutral:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Can't wait!!!!!!! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Fixed the title, why drop the X?

julioelgenio wrote:Fixed the title, why drop the X?
Yup, they rather need to bring out a Special Edition of it called, Electra S-E-X :clown:

looks great! i've gotten a lot of use out of electra-with-an-X, so am excited about this...

Electra-X-2 is too many syllables to say or think in your head. ;)

I actually think it should have just been called Electra to start. ElectraX was awkward. Maybe they felt the same.

fisherKing wrote: electra-with-an-X
dead :lol:
Eternitysound VST Banks

I hope the upgrade is not more then $79 like Dune 1 to the all new Dune 2.

Enhanced sound quality
Why not to mention this in details?

The Tone2 comparison table is funny. The more expensive a synth is, the more genres it is good for :roll:

Aren't Gladiator and Electra rather similar?

fluffy_little_something wrote:The Tone2 comparison table is funny. The more expensive a synth is, the more genres it is good for :roll:

Aren't Gladiator and Electra rather similar?
Sure, your synth may be the best around, but is it good for MOOMBATRON?! :party: :hyper: :help: :roll: :cry: :hihi: :D

Gladiator and Electra-without-an-X are pretty different really. They both have that Tone2 sheen, but Electra-without-an-X has a more straightforward workflow, whilst Gladiator has that HCM thing, which I tend to think of as interactive wavetables (basically, you have wavetables that you can modify by applying transforms, or by using combiner algorythms between two wavetables, which are then computed quickly but not on the fly). That makes Gladiator a bit of a "try it and see" kind of affair in the oscillator department, which can work for or against it.

Electra has more of that plasticy, chompy, chewy goodness, wheras Gladiator is more at home with pads and etheral, experimental sounds. It can also do VA type stuff, but for me, it never sounds as "solid" as when done with Electrax or Saurus or another dedicated VA synth.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Return to “Instruments”