What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

I caved and bought an octatrack

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

insert-name-here
KVRist

205 posts since 9 Oct, 2008, from Holland, Den Haag

Postby insert-name-here; Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:49 am I caved and bought an octatrack

but my music is still muddy. at least now its expensive muddy :D

https://soundcloud.com/insert-name-here/octatrack
No sig yet :)
tehlord
KVRAF

6604 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:05 am Re: I caved and bought an octatrack

Sounds good and moody to me!

Congrats on your excellent purchase:)
insert-name-here
KVRist

Postby insert-name-here; Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:09 am Re: I caved and bought an octatrack

thanks for the listen!
Genetic_Junk
KVRAF

2470 posts since 21 Dec, 2004

Postby Genetic_Junk; Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:15 am Re: I caved and bought an octatrack

nice groove. fitting stuttering. do you find the process more enjoyable with the octatrack?
seismic1
KVRAF

6545 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:25 am Re: I caved and bought an octatrack

I enjoyed it. It does have some mud in the mix, but I wouldn't say that it is excessive. I would think that this could be tidied up with EQ during the mixing process. What monitors do you use?

It's funny, but I was listening to this, and thought that the track reminded me of some of Deccan Traps pieces, and then the SoundCloud auto-play switched to Momenta at the end of your track.

Good work :)
insert-name-here
KVRist

Postby insert-name-here; Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:05 am Re: I caved and bought an octatrack

Genetic_Junk wrote:nice groove. fitting stuttering. do you find the process more enjoyable with the octatrack?

Yep, i now only use ableton to record the audio (tweaking on the octatrack). Sometimes i use ableton to create some loop samples for loading into the octatrack.
Last edited by insert-name-here on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
insert-name-here
KVRist

Postby insert-name-here; Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:07 am Re: I caved and bought an octatrack

seismic1 wrote:I enjoyed it. It does have some mud in the mix, but I wouldn't say that it is excessive. I would think that this could be tidied up with EQ during the mixing process. What monitors do you use?

It's funny, but I was listening to this, and thought that the track reminded me of some of Deccan Traps pieces, and then the SoundCloud auto-play switched to Momenta at the end of your track.

Good work :)

Thanks for the listen!
I use second hand Alesis M1active for 100 euro (all my money went into the octatrack :hihi:

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe