What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

2NDMOUSE
KVRian

793 posts since 12 Oct, 2005, from digging a tunnel under your PC

Postby 2NDMOUSE; Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:07 am 2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

I love that little silver box. Its great that its having a resurgence.....partly because roland released AIRA 30 years too late , and because of all the american kids who missed it first time round cos they weren't even born. Gives me an excuse to mess around with those basslines again =)

Hope ya like it. May do some more

https://soundcloud.com/2ndmouse/sequoia
seismic1
KVRAF

6758 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:32 am Re: 2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

Is it my imagination, or do your recent mixes feature more bottom end than previously? This seems to have a healthy does of whump to it. Great acid content and I love those airy pads floating around, coating the track with fairy-dust.

Good work :)
2NDMOUSE
KVRian

Postby 2NDMOUSE; Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:04 am Re: 2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

they do indeed mate. I've been paying more attention to rolling off unnecessary frequencies , particularly below 20hz in the domain of the rumble-beast , but also using a few things to add a bit more low end. It was an achilles heel for years , for a number of reasons......rubbish speakers , concern for neighbours , plus the learning curve of proper sound separation , sidechaining , limiting and compression , which as you know , doesn't happen overnight. I'm finally achieving the kinda mixes i've always wanted , but there is still so much to learn , and hone. Hopefully , by concentrating on what was once a weakness , I'll make it a strength.
Glad you liked it. Seems you're the only one who listens here. I appreciate it =)
thenumber23
KVRian

577 posts since 31 Jan, 2003, from C@L

Postby thenumber23; Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:39 pm Re: 2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

I really enjoyed it. It's difficult for me to listen to SoundCloud which makes it difficult to listen to pretty much any artist that posts in the cafe, though I suppose that's my problem, not theirs. Anyway, I liked the groove and I'm glad your SoundCloud page let me download the song, as now I can listen in my car where I have a much better sound system.
analog.lemon
KVRist

51 posts since 5 Jun, 2009, from Vancouver

Postby analog.lemon; Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:44 pm Re: 2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

This was a refreshing tune since I usually listen to tech-house/electro/minimal. Production-wise it's sounding good too.
2NDMOUSE
KVRian

Postby 2NDMOUSE; Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:31 am Re: 2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

thenumber23 wrote:I really enjoyed it. It's difficult for me to listen to SoundCloud which makes it difficult to listen to pretty much any artist that posts in the cafe, though I suppose that's my problem, not theirs. Anyway, I liked the groove and I'm glad your SoundCloud page let me download the song, as now I can listen in my car where I have a much better sound system.

Thanks for making the effort despite the frustrations , and glad you liked it ! =)
ecamburn
KVRist

389 posts since 16 Dec, 2003

Postby ecamburn; Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:01 am Re: 2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

The tune has an air of mystery to it. Kind of like a soundtrack for a spy movie. :-) Great squelchy bassline. I really like how modulations of the bassline stretch between beats. The mix has a lot of transparency to it. Dug it.
2NDMOUSE
KVRian

Postby 2NDMOUSE; Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:51 am Re: 2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

analog.lemon wrote:This was a refreshing tune since I usually listen to tech-house/electro/minimal. Production-wise it's sounding good too.

thanks! I'm glad I somehow helped you take a plunge into a different genre. I don't normally do acid , as every track I make is different. You may possibly like some of the others too =)
Allomerus
KVRian

895 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:23 am Re: 2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

Enjoyable track 2nd! I like the beat and the floating synths. Bass is great too! Well done. :)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
2NDMOUSE
KVRian

Postby 2NDMOUSE; Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:17 am Re: 2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

ecamburn wrote:The tune has an air of mystery to it. Kind of like a soundtrack for a spy movie. :-) Great squelchy bassline. I really like how modulations of the bassline stretch between beats. The mix has a lot of transparency to it. Dug it.

Thanks a lot ecamburn. The compression worked well , in the way it acts on the bass.
Transparency is something I go for as I like a lot of space and width in a mix , without it sounding thin , and yeah , spy tunes are something I love....especially things like the ski chase theme in " On her majestys secret service" , or the theme from "The persuaders".
I actually made a track called " Give my regards to S.P.E.C.T.R.E" which was exactly this theme.
Here it is....

NEW mix --- https://soundcloud.com/2ndmouse/give-my ... -p-e-c-t-r

OLD mix --- https://soundcloud.com/2ndmouse/give-my ... -e-c-t-r-e

Thanks again =)

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe