Spitfire Audio <EDIT>

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone

I'm curious to know whether anyone here has been more successful than I in actually receiving a reply from Spitfire Audio in recent weeks?

I'm a signed up member to their own forum, and I've sent them 2 messages via their own website form in the past couple of weeks, but have received no reply.
(I also sent them a couple of replies to the ''product marketing'' emails that they sent out to everyone on their membership list in recent days: I asked if they could please reply to the messages which I sent via their website form).

It looks like their website has been having big problems - if nothing else, their new beta forum doesn't allow people to make posts, reply to threads or even contact moderators - so not much of a forum at present then...

FWIW, the only thing that I really wanted to know from Spitfire was whether they would accept Paypal (they're one of only a few audio company sites who don't seem to have this pretty routine option), or whether I'd have to use my credit card (which I prefer not to use on the internet).

Annoyingly, a few days after I first sent that question (unanswered), one of their products went from a 25% discounted price to its full price.

Ultimately, it's a shame because some of their products look quite good (but I guess there are plenty of other audio companies who offer excellent sample libraries and would be quite happy to have £250+ going their way instead).

Cheers.
Doug
Last edited by Doug1978 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Doug1978 wrote:FWIW, the only thing that I really wanted to know from Spitfire was whether they would accept Paypal (they're one of only a few audio company sites who don't seem to have this pretty routine option), or whether I'd have to use my credit card (which I prefer not to use on the internet).
Spitfire doesn't support Paypal anymore at all, frauds happened in the past so they pulled the plug on it.
Doug1978 wrote:Ultimately, it's a shame because some of their products look quite good (but I guess there are plenty of other audio companies who offer excellent sample libraries and would be quite happy to have £250+ going their way instead).
None of them have been recorded in the splendid Lyndhurst AIR, though. ;)

Great stuff - thanks EvilDragon for the helpful reply about Paypal and Spitfire.

Hmmm... yes, you're right about nothing else being recorded in Air Studios (grrr!).

Cheers.

I'd just like to add that Spitfire's customer support is generally superb, and if they don't seem to reply within 24 hours, there's definitely a valid explanation for that. Just be persistent.

Also, regarding their own forum, I see some users posting there, so that seems to be fine...

FWIW Doug, I have had little correspondence with Spitfire but what correspondence I have had has been answered promptly. Given the time differences between they and I, I found answers within 48 hours.

I agree with EvilDragon, if you are not getting replies something has likely gone haywire with the posts. Be persistent.

As for their products being good?

Superb!

I own Albion (thanks to EvilDragon ;) ) and just love it!

Also - if you plan to buy Spitfire products at a discount you must do so at the time. Delays result in full price only after the opening special. They don't do sales on their products.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thanks EvilDragon and dsan.

FWIW, Spitfire Audio's beta forum is now working a little bit better: I'm currently logged in on their forum and can create new posts in perhaps 50% of available threads, but not in others.
Unusually, still no way to contact moderators in PM though (the only way to contact a mod is opening up a new public thread entitled ''What's Going On, Mods?'').
Hence the 'beta', I guess?

Still no response from customer support (either to my messages via their website ''support request form'' or emailed replies to their ''product advertisement emails''), and that's after more than 10 days.

Their products seem good (and indeed have praiseworthy comments), but that's of little use if (some) customers can't buy them because of Spitfire Audio's poor website / contact / email handling problems.

dsan:
if you plan to buy Spitfire products at a discount you must do so at the time. Delays result in full price only after the opening special
Sorry but you misunderstood - I contacted Spitfire Audio to buy a discounted product (Martin Ware synth library) prior to that discount running out. That discount has now expired in the time that Spitfire have not replied to me.
So much for trying to get a discounted product at the time of its sale.

Cheers.

They are known for having great customer support. I contacted them a while back and they got back to me quickly.

While a lot of sites use paypal, I've heard there is a big issue with charge backs that lead to the seller having to pay a lot of money. Credit card is one of the safest ways to buy stuff on the internet. If you are paranoid, make sure you have a virus scanner (I use Norton Antivirus) and scan before purchasing. The other option is getting another credit card or a prepaid credit card for online use.

They should have gotten back to you anyways but in most cases you will have to buy a product using the methods available on a company's site.

JC_ wrote:While a lot of sites use paypal, I've heard there is a big issue with charge backs that lead to the seller having to pay a lot of money.
This is true. When an account gets hijacked and unauthorized purchases from it are made, not only do we sellers lose the sale, but *we* have to pay a hefty chargeback penalty as well.

This is really annoying, because we're the ones who were in the least position to have prevented a fraudulent purchase. (Compared to PayPal or the bozo who let his account get hacked.) Yet we're the ones who get a penalty charge.

I can't speak for Spitfire, but it certainly pisses me off.

Fair enough Mike: that's a very unjustified issue which Paypal forces upon sellers.

On the flip side (and this isn't aimed at Mike), the reason I don't wish to use a credit card is because two ''companies'' kept on taking payments from my card once they had the initial payment. Because of those c*nts, I personally now trust Paypal as a buyer more.

Such is life on the internet: a couple of thieves' behaviour ruin it for the rest of us.

JC - if they are known for having great customer support, then they really should be able to respond to their own website forms, or the replies sent back to their own product emails after 10 days.
(Or even allow people to contact them, as moderators, on their forum).

Perhaps someone who can successfully contact Spitfire, give them a nudge and point to this thread so that Doug1978 can get some help.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

You should be able to PM mods at the forum now.

Thanks DarkStar and EvilDragon.

I've just tried to send a PM to Paul (who I believe is a mod on that forum at Spitfire, particularly as he is one of the two founders) but he has disabled his ability to receive PMs from people!
(I even ''added him as a friend'', according to the forum rules, but it made little difference to being able to send a PM to him).

I've also sent a PM to the other founder Christian - luckily he doesn't yet seem to have disabled PMs on his account.
Perhaps he'll respond...

There's certainly better ways to attract business.

Cheers.

Disabling PM is a personal preference. Can't blame Paul for doing that, really.

Hi Doug,

I believe Christian has emailed you - and we are getting your issue resolved. (after someone kindly pointed us to this thread)

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread - our support system has a simple validation response email to save us deleting 100s of spam junk mails from the system daily. -- Doug had not yet validated his email so none of his tickets were in the system.

Our forum also requires a validation process -- we had approximately 800 spam messages from autobot registrations in the 36 hours before we enabled this.

I chose not to enable PMs as it attracts a lot of support requests and inevitably causes disappointment as I'm simply unable to provide support this way, we have a support department who are in office hours 5 days a week (I've even been known to sort people out on the weekends but I try to limit that as it is unfair on my family)

Hope this provides a balancing view and thanks for all your comments!

Paul

ps: you might consider editing the title of this thread?!

Nice to see you here Paul. Thanks for clarifying things for us :tu:

I second that notion for a title change ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”