Dark Matter

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dark Matter
One of my favorite fusion tracks, with a rockin' riff.
Back in the days, circa 1995, my ambition was to put together a great world/fusion band playing my original tunes and tour the world. Unfortunately, chronic carpal tunnel stopped this dream from coming true. This tune reflects who I was at the time, and not any longer who I am now, but it is good to let it go, and release it almost 20 years later. Production is not exactly what I would like it to be, with bounced tracks that make further mixing impossible (it was 1995 and limitations forced to bounce the drums and synths onto stereo tracks)
I was fortunate to have a great cast of musicians lending their tremendous talent to my project: Ralph Bowen, tenor sax, John Swana, trumpet, Will Calhoun, Wave drum, Matt Hooper, slap bass, Jim Hamilton, percussion, Max Swan, alto sax. (I play guitar and bass here)
Thanks for listening!

I'm only listening to this at low volume right now, but it sounds good here. Great guitar work, especially the solos, The saxes and trumpet sound good and the rhythm section grooves along nicely. It reminds me of some of the Jazz-rock sounds I used to listen to in the '70s and '80s, particularly Nova for some reason.

Good work :)

Thanks Seismic!
This stuff is supposed to be heard at high level though! ;-)

Holy guacamole! This is fantastic stuff! Excellent musicianship all around. I thought the production was very good even though you had to do some bouncing. Thanks for posting this. :tu:

Great tune, I enjoyed it! :phones:

Return to “Music Cafe”