What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Indigo - By Aaron Cotton - Darkwave / Gothic Synth/Guitar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

AaronCotton
KVRer

21 posts since 16 Apr, 2013

Postby AaronCotton; Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:52 pm Indigo - By Aaron Cotton - Darkwave / Gothic Synth/Guitar

This is my first piece of music like this, you can probably see that my older stuff is video game soundtracks. How did I do? I'm fairly happy with the composition, however, my mixing / mastering is a little rough.

Anyways, thanks for taking a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/aaron_cotton/indigo
ecamburn
KVRist

389 posts since 16 Dec, 2003

Postby ecamburn; Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:13 am Re: Indigo - By Aaron Cotton - Darkwave / Gothic Synth/Guitar

I'm liking the slow, chilled vibe. Nice deep bass. The jangly guitar is a nice touch. Spacey pads added a nice contrast. Good stuff.
AaronCotton
KVRer

Postby AaronCotton; Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:45 am Re: Indigo - By Aaron Cotton - Darkwave / Gothic Synth/Guitar

Thanks, what did you think of the mastering. I'm not particularly happy with the guitar but I don't really know how to fix.

Thanks for the comments!
AaronCotton
KVRer

Postby AaronCotton; Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:34 am Re: Indigo - By Aaron Cotton - Darkwave / Gothic Synth/Guitar

I rerecorded the guitar parts, let me know what you think.
seismic1
KVRAF

6773 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:51 am Re: Indigo - By Aaron Cotton - Darkwave / Gothic Synth/Guitar

I quite enjoyed this, especially the first 3 minutes. I felt that the music and overall sound of the piece was more "focused" during that period. Maybe that was due to the presence of the guitar. I felt that the track lost a little energy during the last 90 seconds.

Good work :)

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe