Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

seismic1
KVRAF

7347 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:27 pm Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

A change of pace relative to my usual style. 2 Strat parts and a bass guitar too. This was about 28 hours' work and is a chilled, downtempo piece featuring some Psychic Modulation instruments.

mp3/192Kbps/6:39/9MB

or on SoundCloud:-

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/ganymedes-inertia

kit and caboodle:-

Recorded and mixed in EnergyXT 2.7
Mastered in T-Racks 3

Ganymed
Phonec
Construct
Microtrance
CM SR-202
EVM UltraSonique
Lounge Lizard EP-4
Fender Stratocaster
Squier Jazz Bass Active IV
Valhalla FreqEcho
REFLEX free V1.1
Replicant
Eos
Pod Farm 2
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 9
sbj
KVRian

647 posts since 17 Aug, 2012, from Denmark

Postby sbj; Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:03 am Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

A very dreamy and relaxing piece.

I like your composition very much and the choir
is a perfect choice to give it even more
feeling.
The drums/percussion just adds to the enjoyment.

:tu:
markkuja
KVRian

540 posts since 28 Oct, 2005

Postby markkuja; Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:33 am Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

sounds nice ... pleasant tune and ambiance
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:53 pm Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

sbj wrote:A very dreamy and relaxing piece.

I like your composition very much and the choir
is a perfect choice to give it even more
feeling.
The drums/percussion just adds to the enjoyment.

:tu:

Thanks very much for the listen and the great comments. Glad you were able to chill with this :)
Allomerus
KVRian

1034 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:13 am Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

Excellent track Tim. Enjoying another listen...
I love the way each sound fits the mood and there is nothing out of place or superfluous. Glorious sounds too!
Well done!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:40 pm Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

markkuja wrote:sounds nice ... pleasant tune and ambiance

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, markkuja. Glad you liked it :)
M.Brösel
KVRist

267 posts since 27 Dec, 2011

Postby M.Brösel; Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:49 am Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

Nice sound with warm pads and emotions :tu: .

All the best
M.
ariston
KVRAF

2972 posts since 28 Jun, 2009, from Wherever I lay my hat

Postby ariston; Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:18 am Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

Very nice... a track that softly beckons, then deftly plucks a few heartstrings. Nice work!
polyslax
KVRAF

8095 posts since 11 Dec, 2003, from Canada

Postby polyslax; Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:33 am Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

Lovely piece Tim, a nice gentle introduction to the sunrise this morning. Well done! 8)
Image Image
Frantz
KVRAF

3254 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:32 am Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

A relaxing piece. The guitar and bass are very well integrated with the synths. These instruments give it an organic feel. I am hoping to hear more guitar and bass in future pieces.

The composition is quite mellow. There is a unchanging, underlying part (except when muted at the midpoint) over which additional instruments are added. For me, this combination of mellowness and sameyness makes it work like background, ambient music. Not a bad thing but it tends to fly under my mental radar unless I intentionally focus on it.

The Vangelis-type synth that first appears at 1:39 has some harsh high frequencies at the peak of the filter envelope of every note. Listening at low volume helps minimize this.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:31 pm Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

Allomerus wrote:Excellent track Tim. Enjoying another listen...
I love the way each sound fits the mood and there is nothing out of place or superfluous. Glorious sounds too!
Well done!
:)

Thanks for listening again, John. Glad you liked it :)

This was originally conceived as a techno piece, but I was unhappy with the way it was going, so I started substituting sounds, and the downtempo style seemed to flow from those. The guitar and bass were added towards the end of the recording session. This was quite a fun tune to make.
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:17 pm Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

M.Brösel wrote:Nice sound with warm pads and emotions :tu: .

All the best
M.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, M. Glad you liked it :)

Like James Bond, shaken, not stirred :wink:
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:30 pm Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

ariston wrote:Very nice... a track that softly beckons, then deftly plucks a few heartstrings. Nice work!

Thanks very much for your kind words and for listening, ariston. glad you liked it :)
D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD

9084 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:37 pm Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

I enjoyed this. I like the choir. Also when things drop away around 3:50. Good stuff. Thanks, seismic1.
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:54 pm Re: Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

polyslax wrote:Lovely piece Tim, a nice gentle introduction to the sunrise this morning. Well done! 8)

Thanks very much, Matt. Good for the weekend, but I fear that something more energetic is required for weekday mornings :)
Next

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe