What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Melting Icecaps (Deep Ambient Techno Dub)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

SampleScience
KVRAF

2446 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:00 pm Melting Icecaps (Deep Ambient Techno Dub)

New track. In the same style has Legowelt, which is a very good techno artist with a very retro analog sound.

https://soundcloud.com/samplesciencemtl/samplescience-melting-icecaps-deep-dub-mix

I hope you'll like it. ;)
Doug1978
KVRian

1440 posts since 19 Jun, 2011, from Sendai, Japan

Postby Doug1978; Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:23 pm Re: Melting Icecaps (Deep Ambient Techno Dub)

Sounds really good - nice balance and some great sounds in there, particularly the drums and synth chords.
Excellent beginning and ending too.

I'd be tempted to cut the ''and birds'' sample back to around 0.31 seconds myself, 'cos around 0.52 it is starting to grate a little and even work against the track.
For my taste, the delay timing is a little fast on that sample too.

Overall, a very good track.
Cheers.
SampleScience
KVRAF

2446 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:22 am Re: Melting Icecaps (Deep Ambient Techno Dub)

Doug1978 wrote:I'd be tempted to cut the ''and birds'' sample back to around 0.31 seconds myself, 'cos around 0.52 it is starting to grate a little and even work against the track.
For my taste, the delay timing is a little fast on that sample too.

Thank you for the useful feedback. Indeed, I wasn't sure if the delay timing for the "and birds" samples was too fast and even too long. I might rework that in the future.

I've used some very useful Kontakt instruments from Hollow Sun and Pink Noise Studio. Combine with the newly freeware de la Mancha compressor & EQ plugins, I was able to have that "analog" flavor.
seismic1
KVRAF

6672 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:03 pm Re: Melting Icecaps (Deep Ambient Techno Dub)

I enjoyed it. I really liked the changes in the percussive parts throughout the track. It kept the piece sounding fresh throughout. Cool sounding pads and synths too. Deep vibes.

Good work :)

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe