VSTi Not Remembering Preset Folder Path

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm wondering if anybody else is having this problem. I've noticed since I've started using Windows 8 my plugins don't remember where the preset folder is. For instance I load Dune, go to load a Dune bank, and it goes to the last folder that I opened which for instance could be Sylenth1 because that was the last preset folder I went to. I never had this problem before. This is totally annoying. Am I the only one experiencing this? If not, is there any way I can fix this? I can't seem to find any way. Thanks!

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Still trying.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Why would someone switch to Windows 8 is beyond me... 7 works just fine. Downgrade ftm ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:Why would someone switch to Windows 8 is beyond me... 7 works just fine. Downgrade ftm ;)
I bought a new computer. That's why. I didn't have the option at the retailer to say "Yo, I'd like that with Windows 7 please. Thanks."

Windows 8 is actually fine, it's just this directory weirdness that's kind of annoying. I mostly use Kore 2 for my libraries but I have those occasions where I would like to load the banks directly into the loaded instrument itself. Thank you for your helpful advice though.

.-.

Could you use the folder favourites bar to at least store your most used locations so you can get to them quickly?

I do that in Win 7 and it looks like that feature is still there in Win 8.

http://www.snapfiles.com/articles/favorite-folders.html

aMUSEd wrote:Could you use the folder favourites bar to at least store your most used locations?
I do that in Win 7 and it looks like that feature is still there in Win 8.
http://www.snapfiles.com/articles/favorite-folders.html
That actually might be the way to go cause I got nothing. I just don't understand it. Even my DAWs do this also. Strange. Thanks for your suggestion aMUSEd!

.-.

Make sure you are in ADMINISTRATOR mode at all times or things do not get saved - they get sandboxed.

You can right click on the shortcut/program and choose 'run as administrator' assuming you are in the admin account with all privileges.

That MIGHT help. I have not seen this happen myself, but I really have not been using my plugins as much lately - so busy with other projects. My main audio computer happens to be a Windows 7 machine, but I do have many of my synths on my Windows 8 laptop. I have not seen this behavior with any plugin.

Mike

Thank you Mike but still no dice on Dune and Spire and Sylenth1. I guess I'll just have to do it the hard way for those three when I'm not using them in Kore2. Thank you for your help man!

.-.

Orbit-50 wrote:I'm wondering if anybody else is having this problem. I've noticed since I've started using Windows 8 my plugins don't remember where the preset folder is. For instance I load Dune, go to load a Dune bank, and it goes to the last folder that I opened which for instance could be Sylenth1 because that was the last preset folder I went to. I never had this problem before. This is totally annoying. Am I the only one experiencing this? If not, is there any way I can fix this? I can't seem to find any way. Thanks!
Could be a DAW problem?

FL Studio isn't very helpful finding the preset folders, even though I am on Win 7

idfpower wrote:Why would someone switch to Windows 8 is beyond me... 7 works just fine. Downgrade ftm ;)
Mainstream support of Win 7 ends in less than 6 months.

Numanoid wrote: Could be a DAW problem?

FL Studio isn't very helpful finding the preset folders, even though I am on Win 7
I'm starting to think that. Thank you guys for your suggestions.

.-.

I've had this same problem on OSX for as long as I can remember… has anyone else had this issue (on OSX) and know of 'a fix'?

Cheers :)

Check the permissions on your VST folder - if it doesn't already have write permissions for all users, grant it.

taoyoyo wrote:I've had this same problem on OSX for as long as I can remember… has anyone else had this issue (on OSX) and know of 'a fix'?

Cheers :)
It does remember the last few folders used but doesn't seem to be able to remember it for specific apps, so if you then browse somewhere else in a different app those folders get remembered. I do what I did on Windows and suggested above, commonly used folders I add to the side bar.

Orbit-50 wrote:
I bought a new computer. That's why. I didn't have the option at the retailer to say "Yo, I'd like that with Windows 7 please. Thanks."

Windows 8 is actually fine, it's just this directory weirdness that's kind of annoying. I mostly use Kore 2 for my libraries but I have those occasions where I would like to load the banks directly into the loaded instrument itself. Thank you for your helpful advice though.

.-.
It was the same for me when I bought my new laptop in the beginning of February. An Acer Aspire V3 with Windows 8 and no option to have Windows 7 at the place. So I did with. During the first days I was happy and said "All those who criticize Windows 8 do really exaggerate, it's very well!".

Then the heaven vanished in less than one month!!! And not suddenly... but day after day!!! The enthusiasm was vanishing as ice under the sun! At the end of February (only three weeks after the purchase!) I was already downloading everyday many tools to get rid of what I was already calling a monstrous shit.

And last week I was so fed up of that crap as hell... that I finally bought a Windows 7 at Amazon to get back to heaven! It took me two days to backup my documents and files, then install Windows 7 and recover my applications, documents and files. But I don't regret it at all! I'm really back to heaven!

Windows 8 is a crap as we had never seen anymore since Millenium 14 years ago!

And my advice is: don't wait to have to much applications and documents in your new computer! Buy as soon as you can a Windows 7 where you want but do it without waiting! The more you will wait the more you will loose time! And also it's not money lost, you can believe me!!!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”