Not getting Valve Filter CM to work in FL Studio [solved]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trying out this latest free CM plug, I can't get it to load in FL Studio unfortunately.

Trying to load it into an effect channel, gives an error that MSVCP110.dll is missing from my computer.

I've tried both the 32 bit and 64 bit version of both vst2 and vst3, can unfortunately not get any of them to work.

I'm using FL Studio 11.1, on Windows 7 64 bit.
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:MSVCP110.dll is missing from my computer.
Then go get it !
hopefully it's one listed here; http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... _programs/ [well here somewhere]
It's easier if the dev adds it to the package but then they don't always realize it's necessary as it is already installed on their pc.
Last edited by bob bobwood on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bob bobwood wrote:hopefully it's one listed here; http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 4958558090
No that link points to: MSVCR100.dll

Lee from CM pops into this forum once in a while, it would be good if he could offer his view.

I don't really want to install dll files I have no clue about how can affect my computer in other regards.

If other users got the same problem as me, CM should issue a patch to fix it.

sometimes

Sorry about the issue. If you miss that dll you should install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30679
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

What audio thing said

Dave

audiothing wrote:Sorry about the issue. If you miss that dll you should install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30679
Yes, thanks, but there are some quirks.

I am on 64 bit Windows 7, so I downloaded and installed the 64 bit version of that package.

FL Studio is however 32 bit (so far), so I prefer using 32 bit plugs there, however I can't load the 32 bit versions of this plug in FL Studio, then I get the same error. That happens for both the vst2 and vst3 version. I believe that is due to having installed the 64 bit version of the Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

Because I can now load the 64 bit version of the plug in FL Studio.

So I'll be using the 64 bit plug :)

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Both 32bit and 64bit version are identical so it won't make a difference but yes I guess you should have installed the 32bit version of the C++ Redistributable :)

audiothing wrote:Glad to hear you got it sorted. Both 32bit and 64bit version are identical so it won't make a difference but yes I guess you should have installed the 32bit version of the C++ Redistributable :)
OK, so it isn't dependent on which kind of Windows I'm running (32 or 64 bit) ?

So if I want to use the plug as 32 bit, I should install the 32bit version of the Visual Studio Update, and 64 bit if I want to use the 64 bit version.

I'm not 100% sure but should be like that. I'm not a PC user (all my beta testing is done in a virtual machine) but I'll ask my PC beta testers about that.

Anyhow, pretty good plug this.

Filter got a nice resonant vibe to it and the drive can add some grit and punch :tu:

Numanoid wrote:Anyhow, pretty good plug this.

Filter got a nice resonant vibe to it and the drive can add some grit and punch :tu:

Numanoid wrote:OK, so it isn't dependent on which kind of Windows I'm running (32 or 64 bit) ?

So if I want to use the plug as 32 bit, I should install the 32bit version of the Visual Studio Update, and 64 bit if I want to use the 64 bit version.
Exactly. The redistributable version you need depend on the application, not the OS.

Is anyone else getting an annoying clicking noise when engaging the Valve?? It makes the plugin unusable, which is a shame because I bought this magazine entirely for this plugin...

itneveris wrote:Is anyone else getting an annoying clicking noise when engaging the Valve?? It makes the plugin unusable, which is a shame because I bought this magazine entirely for this plugin...
We are already investigating the issue, it seems to affect only some configurations. Could you give me more details about your system? Thanks.

Return to “Effects”