What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Elektroklänge – Mekanischen Tanz [technopop, synth]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Elektroklänge
KVRer

8 posts since 16 Jul, 2014

Postby Elektroklänge; Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:45 pm Elektroklänge – Mekanischen Tanz [technopop, synth]

https://soundcloud.com/elektrokl-nge/mekanischen-tanz

About the song:
Mekanischen Tanz combines repetitive rhythms with simple melodies following a Western Classical style of harmony. The instrumentation is minimalistic and strictly electronic. All lyrics are sung through vocoders and/or generated by speech synthesis.

Main sources of inspiration:
- Vilmos Huszar's Simultaneistic-mechanical dance performed at Dada-soirée, 19 January 1923 (more on Vilmos Huszar:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilmos_Husz%C3%A1r and on the Dada tour in 1923: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dada-tournee).
- A certain German group, formerly based in Düsseldorf, which you will have to guess yourself...
Frantz
KVRAF

2707 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:25 pm Re: Elektroklänge – Mekanischen Tanz [technopop, synth]

Elektroklänge wrote:- A certain German group, formerly based in Düsseldorf, which you will have to guess yourself...

Hey, I think I know! Hootie and the Blowfish. amirite? :hyper:

Nice job. A lot of people are inspired by Kraftwerk but quite often they forget to write melodies. You get points for remembering that aspect of it.

Elektroklänge wrote:The instrumentation is minimalistic and strictly electronic.

Is piano strictly electronic?
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
seismic1
KVRAF

6773 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:29 pm Re: Elektroklänge – Mekanischen Tanz [technopop, synth]

Wow. This was a really nice track. The instrumentation may be fairly minimal, but this song has a really FULL sound on my rokits. I'll try this on the HiFi at the weekend. Great mix too.

Good work :)
Elektroklänge
KVRer

Postby Elektroklänge; Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:51 pm Re: Elektroklänge – Mekanischen Tanz [technopop, synth]

Thanks.

It’s a pretty low tech production on my iphone and stock Apple in-ears. Not so sure it will sound good on a HiFi…
TrekStar
KVRian

687 posts since 5 Jun, 2002, from Southern Germany

Postby TrekStar; Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:11 pm Re: Elektroklänge – Mekanischen Tanz [technopop, synth]

very Relaxing and tasteful put together sounds.

thanks for posting!
Elektroklänge
KVRer

Postby Elektroklänge; Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:51 am Re: Elektroklänge – Mekanischen Tanz [technopop, synth]

Thanks for listening and feedback!
Elektroklänge
KVRer

Postby Elektroklänge; Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:00 am Re: Elektroklänge – Mekanischen Tanz [technopop, synth]

Frantz wrote:
Elektroklänge wrote:- A certain German group, formerly based in Düsseldorf, which you will have to guess yourself...

Hey, I think I know! Hootie and the Blowfish. amirite? :hyper:

not
Nice job. A lot of people are inspired by Kraftwerk but quite often they forget to write melodies. You get points for remembering that aspect of it.

Elektroklänge wrote:The instrumentation is minimalistic and strictly electronic.

Is piano strictly electronic?

Thanks for listening and I agree with you regarding melodies. The piano was not supposed to be there. It's just a placeholder for another more electronic sound (I usually use the piano sound for composing)...
seismic1
KVRAF

6773 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:43 pm Re: Elektroklänge – Mekanischen Tanz [technopop, synth]

I just played it on the HiFi. It sounds great.
layzer
KVRAF

1791 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:52 pm Re: Elektroklänge – Mekanischen Tanz [technopop, synth]

some tasty bit of electonic sounds here... short and sweet. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - YAMAHA TX802]
SW [Z3TA+ - CHARLATAN - SYNTH1 - OBXD - DUNE BE - MICROTERA - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK XPSP3 PC/MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe