What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Joyful Noise - Brazilian Circus Disco (Psychedelic Trance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

janlonden
KVRer

17 posts since 26 Feb, 2013, from Sweden

Postby janlonden; Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:33 pm Joyful Noise - Brazilian Circus Disco (Psychedelic Trance)

Check out my new track:

https://soundcloud.com/joyful_noise1/jo ... ian-circus

Share your thoughts/opinions. I would love to hear some criticism and improve my skills!

Thanks
Frantz
KVRAF

2770 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:01 am Re: Joyful Noise - Brazilian Circus Disco (Psychedelic Trance)

Kooky. Not yer standard tarnce. Lots of traditional Latin dance elements. Did you write this from scratch or did you use a Samba MIDI as a starting point?

The mix seems off. Not enough bass. The sounds seem distant.
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
No_Use
KVRAF

1737 posts since 13 Mar, 2004

Postby No_Use; Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:22 am Re: Joyful Noise - Brazilian Circus Disco (Psychedelic Trance)

Frantz wrote:
The mix seems off. Not enough bass.

I agree. This also makes it kinda harsh in the upper frequencies imo.
janlonden
KVRer

Postby janlonden; Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:49 pm Re: Joyful Noise - Brazilian Circus Disco (Psychedelic Trance)

Thank you both for taking the time!

Frantz wrote:Kooky. Not yer standard tarnce. Lots of traditional Latin dance elements. Did you write this from scratch or did you use a Samba MIDI as a starting point?

The mix seems off. Not enough bass. The sounds seem distant.

I had to look up kooky :) I take the not sounding like standard tarnce as a good thing :)

I wrote all rhythms and melodies myself, quickly, not much thought/time went into making them.

No_Use wrote:
I agree. This also makes it kinda harsh in the upper frequencies imo.

The frequency imbalance is an issue. It might be improved with som eq'ing to some degree but the problem is the sounds. Next time I will use more balanced set of instruments/sounds.
Frantz
KVRAF

Postby Frantz; Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:56 pm Re: Joyful Noise - Brazilian Circus Disco (Psychedelic Trance)

janlonden wrote:I take the not sounding like standard tarnce as a good thing :)

Yes, for me.

janlonden wrote:I wrote all rhythms and melodies myself, quickly, not much thought/time went into making them.

That's good. Now you need to work on sound design and mixing in order to make this more listenable.
janlonden
KVRer

Postby janlonden; Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:04 pm Re: Joyful Noise - Brazilian Circus Disco (Psychedelic Trance)

Frantz wrote:Now you need to work on sound design and mixing in order to make this more listenable.

Yes I will work on that. But this track will have to stay like it is. It's time for a new track.

When you said the sounds seem distant, could that be simply due to too much reverb?
Frantz
KVRAF

Postby Frantz; Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:14 pm Re: Joyful Noise - Brazilian Circus Disco (Psychedelic Trance)

janlonden wrote:When you said the sounds seem distant, could that be simply due to too much reverb?

There's some unnecessary reverb but there are also a lot of weird, squelchy, high frequency sounds that won't be improved by just reducing reverb.

You should probably find a reference record that you think is well mixed and compare it to yours.
janlonden
KVRer

Postby janlonden; Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:08 pm Re: Joyful Noise - Brazilian Circus Disco (Psychedelic Trance)

I cut some of the high end off with a high shelf. Much less harsh now.

What do you think?

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe