A quick question/idea

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wuss good,
First off, I'm really diggin' Mulab 6 immensely. Excellent work indeed.
The feel and flow continues to get better and better with every release and update. :)

I just had a quick question:
To note: Just to clarify, I'm current running this program on
-Windows XP, 2.0Ghz Duo Core, 4gb RAM.

I've been messing around with making the MultiSampla into a module for playing out live.
And I've made some great headway. However, it involves a lot of adding and removing audio file samples. I noticed that, even after removing and deleting the audio files from the session, the Memory Usage steadily increases in the Windows Task Manager. Everything runs extremely smooth and fast, and the CPU stays extremely low...but yet...the Memory usage keeps going up. Is there a way to prevent this?

I've tried changing the "Manage Audio/Sample Files" settings to no avail.
I just wanted to touch base and see if there was a solution to this.

A Small Idea:
As I was working on all this, it kinda' got me to thinking. It might be cool to have a small audio player module. Like a MuSampla with a basic stop/play and cue/play next audio file buttons or something. That would do wonders for playing live. :) Of course, it's just an idea and thought it would be cool to share.

Many thanks in advance for your time.
And once again, excellent excellent program.

With Respect.
Stay Cool.
The Works of Tryezz: Spreading Vitality and Wisdom with the Arts and the Groove
http://www.tryezz.com

Delete unused samples:
In the browser
- What: Samples
- Where: This session
in options menu select Delete Unused.

Live setup:
There is a new shortcut in M6 to switch to the next/previous rack ("Focus next rack").
That means you can create your live set in a session and switch from rack to rack through your set with one key/note.
And each rack can be, thanks to MUX, as complex as necessary.

Many thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

For the Samples:
I've done that and it still steadily moves up.
Just from me guessing and observing, it seems like MuLab is Caching all the used samples for quick loading in the future.
But I guess, perhaps it's not huge problem. Again, everything runs smoothly and the CPU doesn't even go above 3%.
I just wanted see if there was a possible way to prevent it. But it might not be anything to serious as it does not affect play out.

Live Setup:
I guess, in that regard, I was just sharing the idea of a simple audio player module.
What I'm doing now involves a lot of looping and switching out audio samples, currently using the Multi Sample Player Module. And I figured a lot of what I'm doing with the Multi Sample Player could be achieved with a simple audio player with the ability to cue up the next audio file. I thought other people would have some use for it as well.

Either way, it's all good though.

Thanks for the info. about the "Focus Next Rack" shortcut though. I can make some good use for that as well with switching between live instruments.

With Respect.
Stay Cool.

Tryezz wrote:I've been messing around with making the MultiSampla into a module for playing out live.
And I've made some great headway. However, it involves a lot of adding and removing audio file samples. I noticed that, even after removing and deleting the audio files from the session, the Memory Usage steadily increases in the Windows Task Manager. Everything runs extremely smooth and fast, and the CPU stays extremely low...but yet...the Memory usage keeps going up. Is there a way to prevent this?
I'll have a look at it.
A Small Idea:
As I was working on all this, it kinda' got me to thinking. It might be cool to have a small audio player module. Like a MuSampla with a basic stop/play and cue/play next audio file buttons or something. That would do wonders for playing live. :)
Why not put several audio files on tracks that you mute/unmute. Or even on the same track but with space in between the audio files then put markers at the start of each audio part and use the forward function shourtcut to jump to the next audio part. Would that work?

Hey Wussup,
mutools wrote:Why not put several audio files on tracks that you mute/unmute. Or even on the same track but with space in between the audio files then put markers at the start of each audio part and use the forward function shourtcut to jump to the next audio part. Would that work?
I did try that and it did alright. The only thing is that when I switch out samples and did any live looping etc., the audio would drop out a bit. And I think that's more of my computer more so than MuLab.

The Multi Sample Player method is working great. Extremely responsive and fast...really easy on the CPU. As I was testing it out, I noticed the whole thing about the Memory Usage. It also prompted the thought of being able to cue up the next audio sample file. That part was just and idea though.

Thanks again for everything.
Truthfully.

With Respect.
Stay Cool.

Yes, a new module "Event Delay until the next Beat/Bar/..." would be nice. If transport is off, the delay would be zero. Note on and Note off would be delayed the same way, so you will always hear e.g. a full beat.

AndreasD wrote:Yes, a new module "Event Delay until the next Beat/Bar/..." would be nice.
+1 I was thinking exactly that. That's good enough for triggering an audio file play back... but I'd really love the same facility for triggering an event sequence... :)

Exactly my thinking!
You can trigger sequences/audio and even effects.
I am especially interested in trigger sequences and they change the input ket exactly on the next bar.
And to have this in the Live Effects patch you are getting closer to things like Stutter Edit.

Return to “MUTOOLS”