I'm replying to that post i made about the comp i won lol

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone, i had no idea my post had 6 PAGES of replies hahaha! I looked at it the day after and it was on the second page so i figured it would be lost. I have also been busy with djing, producing and going outside sometimes haha! So for the people who think i have bolted, i haven't. I used to use this forum quite a lot for sound design and feedback. But i'm at uni now so not much production time (holidays atm).

Anyway, i didn't mean for that post to come of as a 'bitch' about why no one helped me, but more just a vent on how i see new producers, and I'm talking like 6months-1year, making it big when i know for a fact they can't even design their own sounds at all.

Thank you for all the feedback, good and bad, i read every single comment. I understand i have to put effort in myself to promote my music, and i do try my best! I mean i don't have money for a manager or anything fancy but i do try. I actually messaged a lot of local talent on sound cloud over the last week or two, i've made a fare few relationships through it and one of them really liked it and reposted it!! It got me more attention than i have ever had, with over 7k plays in a week! I am very very happy with that and i have taken advice from you guys. I am now moving on, and I'm producing a new track atm that i love even more!

And for anyone thats wondering, even though it was a remix, i used very little stems although i only got about 70% done in time. I put a lot of effort into every track i make, and they are generally made from scratch, even the synths. And i realise a lot of you don't know who Major Lazer is, but i consider 2.5 mill followers pretty big, in the electronic genre anyway.

Also i'm not a dick, but to that one dude that said "i don't like the track" or something, i couldn't care less about your opinion if you're level of constructivism is the same as a 12 year old.

Peachey wrote:i couldn't care less about your opinion if you're level of constructivism is the same as a 12 year old.
A bit like your spelling and punctuation really...

If you came here for criticism, you should accept what you're given - it might not be constructive criticism to say that you don't like someone's work, but it certain doesn't mean that you should start name calling in response.

robojam wrote:
Peachey wrote:i couldn't care less about your opinion if you're level of constructivism is the same as a 12 year old.

If you came here for criticism, you should accept what you're given - it might not be constructive criticism to say that you don't like someone's work, but it certain doesn't mean that you should start name calling in response.
Hahaha omg i that's the first time i've said you're instead of your, it's usually the other way around if anything! :lol: Anyway sorry, i'm tired and considering i was not looking for criticism on the post, the fact that they felt the need to give such a terrible one for no good reason ticked me off. I would otherwise not be bothered by anything.

Peachey wrote:It got me more attention than i have ever had, with over 7k plays in a week! I am very very happy with that and i have taken advice from you guys.
Good luck and godspeed :tu:

He didn't come here for criticism, he came here for...for...what DID he come here for? And why did he come back?

Peachey wrote:
robojam wrote:

Hahaha omg i that's the first time i've said you're instead of your, it's usually the other way around if anything! :lol: Anyway sorry, i'm tired and considering i was not looking for criticism on the post, the fact that they felt the need to give such a terrible one for no good reason ticked me off. I would otherwise not be bothered by anything.
Yeah, I didn't see it anywhere else, but I was just pointing out that we all have different ways of doing things and saying things, but even if you get someone saying they don't like your track, it's good feedback - how will you know how popular anything is if you don't like people saying they don't like it? It might not be for no good reason - they might just not like what you do at all, and that should be OK - if they're not your target audience, move on, but if not - give it some thought.

mikusan wrote:He didn't come here for criticism, he came here for...for...what DID he come here for? And why did he come back?
Thanks i feel so welcome here :) Also for your information, i would have replied on the thread but it was closed.
robojam wrote:Yeah, I didn't see it anywhere else, but I was just pointing out that we all have different ways of doing things and saying things, but even if you get someone saying they don't like your track, it's good feedback - how will you know how popular anything is if you don't like people saying they don't like it? It might not be for no good reason - they might just not like what you do at all, and that should be OK - if they're not your target audience, move on, but if not - give it some thought.
You are very right, i need to be shown the way some times haha, but yes i completely understand thank you! I need to be more tolerable.

I wouldn't take the six pages to be particularly focused on you but on a whole thing people are more impressed negatively by in the world.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”