Automation + tempo change

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm a new user of Tracktion 5 and I've a problem with automation curves. I've searched the Internet about it but haven't found anything.

I made a project at a tempo of 104 bpm and did a lot of automation (volume, plugins...).

I decided to change the tempo to 102 bpm and saw that all my automation curves didn't match the new tempo, as if they were not relative to the tempo but to the absolute timeline...

Did I miss something ? I tried to activate the "Auto lock" button, in vain... I also searched on the settings but found nothing that could help me.

Thanks

How good of you to bring this up. After a search I found this has been around since 2004 and unfortunately never fixed. Should be made a priority on the FR list. Jules? Dave?

That's a good question indeed.

Hum, I could not find a way to sync automation to tempo too.
That's annoying, imagine you draw lot of automation datas and you change the tempo during the project, all your automation datas are shifted :o

Imagine you're working on a song and a tiger leaps through your window and gobbles your leg up, in one bite. That would also be bad :o

Or imagine you're trapped in a box, underwater, and it has a small hole, that's slowly filling with water, and the only way out is to record a song, but you've got no electricity ... that would be bad :o

I like imagining problems i've never had to deal with, as a hobby
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote:Imagine you're working on a song and a tiger leaps through your window and gobbles your leg up, in one bite. That would also be bad :o

Or imagine you're trapped in a box, underwater, and it has a small hole, that's slowly filling with water, and the only way out is to record a song, but you've got no electricity ... that would be bad :o

:dog: it's rare there is a tiger or a small hole filled with water in my homestudio but tempo changes as my project goes one is frequent.

chico.co.uk wrote:... that would be bad :o
:lol:

dupont wrote:
chico.co.uk wrote:Imagine you're working on a song and a tiger leaps through your window and gobbles your leg up, in one bite. That would also be bad :o

:dog: it's rare there is a tiger or a small hole filled with water in my homestudio but tempo changes as my project goes one is frequent.
Weird that you never came across this problem before then, and had to imagine how awful it might be, now you're aware of it.

I think the tiger scenario would be even worse, if I ever ran into it.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote:
dupont wrote:

Weird that you never came across this problem before then, and had to imagine how awful it might be, now you're aware of it.

I think the tiger scenario would be even worse, if I ever ran into it.
yes, I ran accross this before but I did not remenber and frankly I can't believe it has still not been solved !
I mainly work on LPX and comes from time to time to Tracktion.

I've had both of these. Have you tried pressing the Escape key?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”