fullscreen problems on 2nd screeen win 7

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello everyone,

the other day i was checking out bitwig studio in demo mode, and ran into some problems.

i'm running windows 7 64 bit on a laptop with a second screen attached. bitwig starts just fine on the primary display (the laptop's built in screen) in fullscreen. when i move it over to the bigger secondary display, bitwig refuses to expand beyond the full screen resolution of the primary display, disregarding any attemps at windowing, re-fullscreening, resizing, etc.

am i doing something wrong?

thanks in advance for any hints.

Hi

Found the same issue. Usually happens if you have two displays with dissimilar screen resolutions. You need to make it full screen on the higher resolution screen first, then move to the lower res screen.

Or..

Have two similar resolution screens.

Not sure if anyone has any better suggestions.

That's a great tip Fjorko! :tu:

The way I got around it was to use the BWS dual screen option (under "View") and allow it to place the the views where it wanted. I always had to expand the view though.

Now I've gone back to single screen view because it is so easy to click on one of the buttons at the bottom and choose the view - arrange, mix, edit.

Then I can use the second screen for other things.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

just to clarify:

- bitwig starts windowed on the primary display, which is the laptop screen.
- after moving the windowed bitwig to the larger screen, fullscreening it only expands the window to the size of the primary display.
- manually resizing the bitwig window won't grow the window beyond the size of the primary display.

this doesn't seem to be intended behaviour and i wonder if i should file a bug report with the developers. i'd be grateful if someone could point me towards the appropriate channel.

thanks.

The best avenue to reach support is here, dekonstruktiv:
https://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “Bitwig”