Anyone try this Resonator Guitar for Kontakt?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to get this, but would like to know your experiences/usefulness of this library.

Resonator Guitar for Kontakt

In Session Audio has released Resonator Guitar, a slide and fingerstyle loop library recorded with a brass-bodied resophonic acoustical guitar (sometimes referred to as a "Dobro").

With vocal-like slide playing and slick fretwork the library covers blues, swamp, ragtime, noir, and ballad styles of music.

Specifications:
•Size: Approximately 1 GB for each format when uncompressed; inclusive of the Bonus Set.
•Parts: 423; inclusive of the Bonus Set.
•Sound: Dry (no reverb). Kontakt users have a menu of reverb types and other effects that can be applied and modified.
•Copy Protected: Custom Watermarked.
•Quality: Stereo 24-bit 44.1kHz (amped); Mono 24-bit 44.1kHz (direct/clean).
•Available Formats: Kontakt, Wav or Aiff.

$69.99

http://insessionaudio.com/products/reso ... ingerstyle
Make music :harp:

StickyWicket wrote:I'd like to get this, but would like to know your experiences/usefulness of this library.
So you will not get if it is not useful to people in this forum?

-----

If it is SPAM do you need to bump it?
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

is it me or this thing just a Loop player ?
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Is it just me or can I smell Spam somewhere in here?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Yeah I smell spam too, strong scent actually

loop library, spam...

oh, the horror...

In Session Audio is the company of former Nine Volt Audio founder/owner.

Spam or not, who knows, but the company is not some fly by night "beatz and loopz" thing. Asking about these new guitar phrase library products would seem like a legit query to me.

Personally, I think it's hard to put anything "phrasey" out front in a production… e.g., the latin guitar demo really shows the shortcomings of stringing together phrases -- there's no connection between phrases, it's very stilted and mechanical. Maybe a selection of connecting flourishes and riffs, etc. is all that's needed. Layering within a track, esp. with a dobro type thing where maybe you just want some supporting phrases, is probably more realistic and doable. Also the typical song structure you would find a dobro in is much simpler than, say, a bossa type track, so canned phrases and riffs may simply work better in that context. With the dobro phrase library you do get things that are hard to fake w/ multi samples, particularly slide playing and the like… unless you go with an advanced library like 8Dio's or Orangetree's, etc., which are far from cheap, and typicially require full kontakt version. I think given the Nine Volt Audio products that I bought in the past, the overall quality will be up there, so that shouldn't be too much of a concern, IMO.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:In Session Audio is the company of former Nine Volt Audio founder/owner.

Spam or not, who knows, but the company is not some fly by night "beatz and loopz" thing. Asking about these new guitar phrase library products would seem like a legit query to me.

Personally, I think it's hard to put anything "phrasey" out front in a production… e.g., the latin guitar demo really shows the shortcomings of stringing together phrases -- there's no connection between phrases, it's very stilted and mechanical. Maybe a selection of connecting flourishes and riffs, etc. is all that's needed. Layering within a track, esp. with a dobro type thing where maybe you just want some supporting phrases, is probably more realistic and doable. Also the typical song structure you would find a dobro in is much simpler than, say, a bossa type track, so canned phrases and riffs may simply work better in that context. With the dobro phrase library you do get things that are hard to fake w/ multi samples, particularly slide playing and the like… unless you go with an advanced library like 8Dio's or Orangetree's, etc., which are far from cheap, and typicially require full kontakt version. I think given the Nine Volt Audio products that I bought in the past, the overall quality will be up there, so that shouldn't be too much of a concern, IMO.
No SPAM for all you SPAM Lovers!!! :hihi:

I don't spam and just wanted to know more about this library before jumping in. I cut & pasted the details of this library so that there would be more info to spark an interest.

Thanks kbaccki for the detailed post.......I appreciate it. It's the Dobro slide aspect that I'd like to have for backing tracks for me to do some blues tracks (I mainly play lead guitar). I'm hoping it's a simple/quick operation to get some decent backing rythms.

Check this one out at less than half the price:

http://indiginus.com/DeltaBlues.html

BBFG# wrote:Check this one out at less than half the price:

http://indiginus.com/DeltaBlues.html
Good call BBFG#.......

I actually have StrumMaker4 from Indiginus (which I do like a lot), but forgot about DeltaBlues. I just might get this. I'll look around and see if Delta can also be used inside StrumMaker......that would be really cool!! :tu:

StickyWicket wrote:$69.99
I think I'd save up a couple of hundred extra bucks and buy the real thing.

Return to “Instruments”