New to Bitwig. Couple questions.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

So I just picked up a copy of Bitwig Studio. I'm upgrading from Reaper. I'm having trouble figuring it out though. I want to record a vst like Arturia's V Collection either as MIDI notes or as audio in the linear arrange window. I'll load up CS80v for example, arm the track and hit record/play button but nothing gets recorded. So I'd like to know how I record the CS80v as audio and how would I configure it to record it as MIDI notes?

For the audio the only way I can seem to get it is if I put the vst on one track and then route that to another track to record it. I can't imagine that's the only way to record audio from a vst. Is there a more convenient way of doing this?

After experimenting a bit I figured out how to record MIDI notes.

You could try this for recording midi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkNZLKA ... CtwX5ANDBg
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about fidelity. I just make music.

To record midi notes from your controller you must goto preferences and setup the controller as a generic midi keyboard. Then once you have the midi clip recorded you can right click clip and bounce in place. Or select bounce to put it to a separate audio channel.

Ok thanks for the help. I figured out that it will not record MIDI notes if you just click on the virtual keyboard in the plugin using the mouse which is what I was doing to test it. It records the notes fine when I use the keyboard or MIDI controller though. I guess there's no real reason for me to record a VST as audio I can always bounce later.

Is there a way to change there way you zoom in and out and/or scroll left and right on the arrange view? It drives me nuts when I'm trying to scroll right or left and accidentally keep resizing the track height.

Return to “Bitwig”