[Update 10/08/2014] Ignite Amps Emissary support

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Emissary

Got issues of questions about the Emissary plug-in?
Post them here!
Last edited by Wild Hades on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

thanks! nice plug but the gui is unnecessarily wide. too big for my 4:3 1280px-wide screen.

I just wanted to say that I have played a lot with Emissary today, and I like it very much as all the Ignite Amps releases ! I'm always amazed to see that you can develop such well sounding guitar amp sims without hurting that much the CPU consumption.

Just a question : is it normal if the knobs on the back side can't move ? Maybe it's a feature which exists on the original amp but not on the plug-in ?

tico-tico wrote:thanks! nice plug but the gui is unnecessarily wide. too big for my 4:3 1280px-wide screen.
Thanks for the report.
I may consider making an alternative GUI version showing just the panels, if other users have problems with the current size.
I think this won't happen before the end of the DC14, though, as I'm working on other projects. Sorry.
Wolfen666 wrote:I just wanted to say that I have played a lot with Emissary today, and I like it very much as all the Ignite Amps releases ! I'm always amazed to see that you can develop such well sounding guitar amp sims without hurting that much the CPU consumption.

Just a question : is it normal if the knobs on the back side can't move ? Maybe it's a feature which exists on the original amp but not on the plug-in ?
Thanks for the kind words, Ivan, and for the question too, as this is something I would like to explain.
The reason for some controls being disabled is that, apart from using our DSP engine for prototyping purpose, we use our free plug-ins as an "appetizer" for the real hardware we build, so we like to show all the features available on the real deal.
That's why you see the triple FX loop (one per channel + common), the switchable boost with level control, the mix control for the common loop and the impedance selector.
That's also the main reason for the size of the GUI: we want to show everything, while keeping the labels readable.

Wild Hades wrote: Thanks for the kind words, Ivan, and for the question too, as this is something I would like to explain.
The reason for some controls being disabled is that, apart from using our DSP engine for prototyping purpose, we use our free plug-ins as an "appetizer" for the real hardware we build, so we like to show all the features available on the real deal.
That's why you see the triple FX loop (one per channel + common), the switchable boost with level control, the mix control for the common loop and the impedance selector.
That's also the main reason for the size of the GUI: we want to show everything, while keeping the labels readable.
And here I was trying to plug an EQ into the FX loop. :lol:

Killer amp though. Ran it with the Tyrant Screamer and NadIR, you've got another must-have plugin here.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

My guitar told me to tell you it loves your plugin :hihi:

And one more thing: You're spoiling us and we like it :hyper:

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Good cruncher, thanks for the plugin.

Sounds like a good head plugin, I don't use any guitar amp sounds though.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Thanks for the kind words, Ivan, and for the question too, as this is something I would like to explain.
Well, you win, I'd really like to have the real one :hihi:

Wild Hades wrote:I may consider making an alternative GUI version showing just the panels, if other users have problems with the current size.
That would be very nice.

Thanx for the nice plugins you give us for free. You have my vote.

Wolfen666 wrote:Well, you win, I'd really like to have the real one
Well, you win, you can buy one!

Odd question - I get an error trying to open the x64 version in Reaper. x86 version works fine. When scanning I get an error message and it refuses to load. If I uncheck "Get VST names" on scanning it will come through but then crash Reaper immediately.

I've reinstalled and reset Reaper's configuration, same thing. Other people are having similar issues lately, one other person said that it occurred after he upgraded his computer. (I did the same recently.) The latest NadIR that I just downloaded and one of the other DC2014 plugins works just fine, so it doesn't seem to be a folder permissions/Windows issue. I'm wondering if there's a newer compiler for VSTs that you might have used on Emissary that has an issue with Reaper or the new Intel Z97 chipset / i7-4790k CPU.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Dominus wrote:Odd question - I get an error trying to open the x64 version in Reaper. x86 version works fine. When scanning I get an error message and it refuses to load. If I uncheck "Get VST names" on scanning it will come through but then crash Reaper immediately.
Weird! I've been unable to replicate the issue on my system so far (Windows 8.1 with Reaper x64)
Dominus wrote:The latest NadIR that I just downloaded and one of the other DC2014 plugins works just fine, so it doesn't seem to be a folder permissions/Windows issue.
If it was related to permissions, it would affect x86 version too...
Just to be sure, did you try to run Reaper as administrator explicitly?
Dominus wrote:I'm wondering if there's a newer compiler for VSTs that you might have used on Emissary that has an issue with Reaper or the new Intel Z97 chipset / i7-4790k CPU.
This is highly unlikely, the compiler settings are the same for NadIR and Emissary.
The main difference with NadIR is the GUI library that I've updated, but I don't think that Reaper tries to open the GUI during the plug-in scan (although the GUI gets created)...

Did you try other hosts too? What Reaper version are you on?

Thanks for the report
Last edited by Wild Hades on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Still haven't got round to checking out the entries yet, but really glad to see that you have an entry!

Since Emissary only had one preset I tried to make more of my own but it seems it won't let me save a preset bank or FXB file containing more than one preset.

Is it not better that VST developers, busy as they are, make as much presets for their product because who knows more what each knob does than the developer? And especially when there are so many knobs. Oooh the permutations can get ultrasupermega daunting, kind of like the cockpit of an airplane. :? :)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”