Xenobioz Lucid updated to 1.01

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lucid

Lucid VSTI is a free VSTI made for KVR DC14, check out info, videos and music below.

Lucid VSTI

Lucid is a Subtractive Synth that combines Waveshaping with FM and Morphing.

Features:

3 Oscillators with one waveshaper each.
3 different FM modes (Algorithms).
4 different Osc combination modes. Mix, Morph, Meld and Vertical Morph.
1 ZDF Filter with 6 different modes.
3 LFOs with Audio rate modes of which two can be waveshaped.
2 ADSRs with adjustable slopes, Velocity control, randomization and Keytracking.
1 Polyphonic distortion (waveshaper).
1 Delay that can be modulated.
1 Reverb.
1 Randomizer, key triggered or run by LFO3.
384 presets.
Lucid Video on Youtube

Lucid Mp3 Demo on Soundcloud
Last edited by Xenobioz on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This can sound absolutely filthy - but in a good way :) A very generous amount of presets. Think I'm starting to like this more than Kruudster...

sounds good, nice dub and vox bass sounds
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Thanks guys glad you like it! :)

Thanks for the plugin!

Xenobioz wrote:Thanks guys glad you like it! :)
Really good one, thanks for it and hope you win :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Lucid sounds great. I just kept hearing old 80s movie soundtracks in the presets, and thanks for putting in so many of them.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Wow, dude. Just loaded this up and I really like it. So many good sounds.

Had to put a brickwall limiter after it because some of the sounds get a little outta control...
Do you have plans in the future of adding a limiter with a light to show when it's clipping?

Kontrast13 wrote:Wow, dude. Just loaded this up and I really like it. So many good sounds.

Had to put a brickwall limiter after it because some of the sounds get a little outta control...
Do you have plans in the future of adding a limiter with a light to show when it's clipping?
Thanks! I have no plans to add a limiter. I use Kjaerhus Audio Classic Master Limiter instead. If i would include one myself I don't think I could make one that's good enough.

Really good synth - IMO your best work by far (and a serious contender for no.1 in my personal fav top 5 list) ;) A huge improvement in such a short period of time ;)

But... there's something going on with this synth in FL11...I don't know if there's something to do with my setup or it's actually the synth, but it takes a long time (15 to 25 sec) until I manage to get a sound ouf of it. Is is normal behaviour?
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Wow, this is great, going straight in my main instruments folder

Xenobioz wrote:Thanks! I have no plans to add a limiter. I use Kjaerhus Audio Classic Master Limiter instead. If i would include one myself I don't think I could make one that's good enough.
Right on, I can understand that. Definitely going to make use of this in quite a few songs soon.

idfpower wrote:Really good synth - IMO your best work by far (and a serious contender for no.1 in my personal fav top 5 list) ;) A huge improvement in such a short period of time ;)

But... there's something going on with this synth in FL11...I don't know if there's something to do with my setup or it's actually the synth, but it takes a long time (15 to 25 sec) until I manage to get a sound ouf of it. Is is normal behaviour?
Thanks! :)

That issue could be due to high CPU immediately after loading it. At least when I have a big project with many instances I have to wait before the CPU settles down. I think it's because it initializes all modules. Module amount multiplied(?) with polyphony seems to affect the time the CPU drops to normal.

Xenobioz wrote: That issue could be due to high CPU immediately after loading it. At least when I have a big project with many instances I have to wait before the CPU settles down. I think it's because it initializes all modules. Module amount multiplied(?) with polyphony seems to affect the time the CPU drops to normal.
Hm..could be, but I was testing it with just 1 instance and apart from the initial CPU spike in the first 2 seconds caused by the plugin loading (around 40%) the CPU stays around 20%... but then again when the synth starts making a sound it drops to 5% and even lower in idle mode (2%), so I gues you're right... bummer :) I need a new PC :)

Thanks for the answer ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Hehe, I would need a new PC myself too. I still manage to write songs without my CPU maxing out. But with one song just today I had to change a few LFOs to monophonic because it started to get close to max. I use almost no effects on my songs except whats built into a synth so that has probably saved me some time. Mostly I would need a better GFX card with newer Direct X support. Mine is just below 9c or lack shader 2.0 or something which so many programs require.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”