Flowstone Guru Blog

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FlowStone

Hey Guys, been a while since I last posted on here!

Any Flowstone/SM users still about here?

Just wanted to get the word out about my new Blog which is focusing on Flowstone...

Flowstone Guru Blog

Only one article at the minute. I have other Flowstone gurus lined up to contribute blog posts , modules ect.

This is going to be a valuable resource for any Flowstone user. There are a few downloads to be had from the modules section.

My latest module is "free running poly oscillators" which believe it or not was not possible until now! requires the lastest version of Flowstone 3.0.5 Amber to run though I'm afraid.

I will keep adding new modules as time goes on. I'm currently considering whether to make this into a proper module marketplace for Flowstone. Would need to learn a little php first though :wink:

Cool, I use SM, don't actually know if there's a reason to upgrade to FS, the demo works for one week, I can't rush around enough to test it in that time.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:Cool, I use SM, don't actually know if there's a reason to upgrade to FS, the demo works for one week, I can't rush around enough to test it in that time.
Yes a week is a bit low to be able to fully see if it can do everything you want.

They used to do a free version not sure why they did away with that.

Anyway the possibilities in Flowstone are a lot greater than SM.
It is simple to add support for wiimotes, xbox controllers or any external hardware for your synth or effect.

Ruby is great for creating more advanced and dynamic UIs (although I have some issues with it, see blog post)

Proper free running oscillators are now possible via my module.

And the addition of the dll component means add ons can be created similar to SynthEdit using C++.

So I'm hoping with Flowstone Guru to create a great place to download add ons for Flowstone and learn about development.

Hopefully this will generate more interest in the software too. And it turn Flowstone Guru!

Any news about 64-bit Flowstone ?
ImageImage

WOK wrote:Any news about 64-bit Flowstone ?
No not yet. I do know that updating to 64bit is really not a simple task for many reasons. So it could still take some time I think.

I'd rather see no ability to compile as dll/exe but a fully working demo, so I could look around as time allows, how can I fit an entire modular programming program into one week?
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com

RunBeerRun wrote:I'd rather see no ability to compile as dll/exe but a fully working demo, so I could look around as time allows, how can I fit an entire modular programming program into one week?
I do agree, like I said they did have a free version in the past. That was just cut back a bit on the size of projects possible but you could fully test everything with no time limit. Also you could pay as you go for exports so if you only wanted to create a quick one off project you could make it in the free version then buy build credits (think it was £10 for 10 builds) so for smaller projects that was ideal.

Guess that model wasn't working for them though so they switched back to a trial. :?

Yeah, I wish they'd consider that. I haven't seen a whole lot of Flowstone releases, so I haven't seen what it can do.

exonerate wrote:
No not yet. I do know that updating to 64bit is really not a simple task for many reasons. So it could still take some time I think.
I don't understand any developer that says this (I know that that is not you by the way)
It is something of a joke statement/sentiment in programming circles, the tagline of the network i frequent is actually "So what is it again that they can't update to 64bit ? " hahahaha
Duh

bungle wrote:
exonerate wrote:
I don't understand any developer that says this (I know that that is not you by the way)
It is something of a joke statement/sentiment in programming circles, the tagline of the network i frequent is actually "So what is it again that they can't update to 64bit ? " hahahaha
Some apps are simple to upgrade yes. Flowstone is not one of them apps.

The main problem I think (from my limited knowledge) is that they need to upgrade to the 64bit version of visual studio C++ to compile for 64bit, which is a problem because it doesn't support inline assembler code. Flowstone uses inline assembler extensively in it's own dynamic compiler not to mention the assembler component which is used by many users such as myself.

This is just one of the problems, it can of course can be worked around, but would take a big rewrite of the audio engine (which is huge) . So there is that on top of the usual issues with porting to 64bit.

Not by any means impossible but certainly not as simple as just recompiling in a 64bit compiler.

Sometimes the tools used to develop are what is holding developers back, there is a good reason why FL Studio has only just gone 64bit too.

The reason FL has only just gone 64bit is because sales where dropping, no other reason, there have been ways to compile Delphi to 64bit for many years, no matter what Gol says ;)
Duh

For those that are interested the Download area is now fully functional, Flowstone Guru Download Area.

This will be filling out over time, I have a few people on board that will be sharing modules.

Features of the download area include:

*A forum per download so you can start topics and report issues ect relating to the download.

*Rate each download.

*Info such as version number , release date Author ect.

*Share download page via Social media.

*Easily find modules with search and categories.

If anyone wants to share there own Flowstone modules on the site you just need to register and then request to upload via the Contact page, thanks!

Flowstone Guru is really coming on now :)

Lots of great new articles and plenty of new downloads!

Also uploading is now available to all members so if you have any work you are proud of and would like to share then just sign up.
Members also will get access to modules released for members only, very soon I will be adding a few cool modules for Synths.

So anyone interested in Synth or effect building should check out the site. Content is increasing all the time.
Lots of great articles coming up too!

Flowstone Guru Download Area

I just added a Polyphonic Portamento module for members! Login or sign up to get it ;)

bungle wrote:The reason FL has only just gone 64bit is because sales where dropping, no other reason, there have been ways to compile Delphi to 64bit for many years, no matter what Gol says ;)
From where did you get that information??

Return to “Modular Synthesis”