New Stereo Technique... How Copyright???

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After years of study and experience I think I've created a New Stereo Technique...

How can I register a trademark\copyright??? :?

You'll probably want a patent instead. Talk to your patent office to see what you need.
:D

Turello wrote:After years of study and experience I think I've created a New Stereo Technique...

How can I register a trademark\copyright??? :?
Yes, you'll definitely want a patent attorney involved. This isn't something you'd copyright or trademark. You'll need to do exhaustive research on previous "stereo techniques" to make sure you're not infringing on someone else's patent.

But you might also want to be sure that what you have is even able to be patented. Reproducing recorded sound using two speakers and specific amplifier designs may be patentable. Listening with two ears isn't.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Thanks all for answers, i've don't know how to say "patent" translated by italian ("brevetto"), Planet i'm sure to not infringing els patent, I'm sure because they are so many...

Turello wrote:Thanks all for answers, i've don't know how to say "patent" translated by italian ("brevetto"), Planet i'm sure to not infringing els patent, I'm sure because they are so many...
Ah, yes. According to Google Translate, it would be brevetto for the noun (as in, "a patent office"), or brevettare for the verb (as in, "to patent something").

Good luck!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

BRAVO! ;-)

punch anyone who tries to take the idea AR HAR HAR HAR HAR!

imagine what would happen if all sound engineers patented their approaches instead of sharing them with the world and passing them through generations. you got so much knowledge handed for free - the least you can do is give a little back.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Stereo is stereo. It would need to be more than just stereo.
Plus, how are you going to prove someone used your new technology by listening to a song? Maybe they used their own techniques leading to the same result, which however they did not patent as they are artists rather than businessmen...
Actually, your new technique has probably been in use for quite some time, but nobody thought it was worth patenting.

Patent a stereo production technique? Can I ask why you would want to do that?
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

Mmm, well, I state that I'm not crazy or I have a swelled head, this is all the result of a study that I put into practice by recording and listening again, I do not do it for money (with the music, the money you spend only!) and would share the 'idea immediately, with everyone, but I wish this idea had my name ..! :hihi:
I studied and all the literature on the subject is not treated that I invented ...
Then may like it or not, does not concern me ...

the best ideas come from simple things and before criticize someone should think that if you think something is impossible, it is impossible...

Best Regards

Turi

PS: I want to clarify that although the school made and the diploma obtained do not consider myself a professional sound engineer (I'm a musician), it all started almost by accident, I had an intuition and I worked to develop this to create something that I think is new. ..

I'm a fairly humble person... O:)

Turello wrote:PS: I want to clarify that although the school made and the diploma obtained do not consider myself a professional sound engineer (I'm a musician), it all started almost by accident, I had an intuition and I worked to develop this to create something that I think is new. ..

I'm a fairly humble person... O:)
Well, I wish the best of luck to you! (Il meglio di fortuna a voi!)

Steve

Turello wrote:Mmm, well, I state that I'm not crazy or I have a swelled head, this is all the result of a study that I put into practice by recording and listening again, I do not do it for money (with the music, the money you spend only!) and would share the 'idea immediately, with everyone, but I wish this idea had my name ..! :hihi:
I studied and all the literature on the subject is not treated that I invented ...
Then may like it or not, does not concern me ...

the best ideas come from simple things and before criticize someone should think that if you think something is impossible, it is impossible...

Best Regards

Turi
There's nothing wrong with getting some credit for what you did. :clap:
[Insert Signature Here]

Make a payware VST that uses the effect and call it black box ;) You'd probably make a good wad of cash.

Return to “Production Techniques”