Update 2.6.17 problems

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I upgrade from 2.6.15 to 2.6.17 and noticed changes:

1. mouse wheel is switched - if i move mouse wheel up, values are decrease. Before it was increase and i dont see where to switch back. Under settings there is no option for this.

2. Midi Learn dont save the settings after reopen project. I dont know if it is SM problem, but before it was worked.

i use 64bit version before i was used 32.

Having the same problems and several of my sound banks were 'not found' after update either.
Something like this seems to happen every time I install an update over the existing version.
Most have been resolved when I un-install the current version and install the complete new version.
Haven't done it yet this time. It does get to be more time than I plan on each time though.

With the latest version (2.6.18) the Nori Ubukata historic synth giant banks no longer work properly -- a corrupted bankname appears in the browser and no patches appear. On Win7 x64.

On 2.6.19 I have the same issue with the NU historic synth giant banks not working. Two of the four banks work but the other two do not.

Midi learn seems to save everything okay other than the Easy1 knob for some reason, which keeps getting lost upon opening a new project.

The presets for the NU world sounds do not seem to work with the global midi learn settings. The other sound banks seem fine.

I'm using Win7 x64 and Reaper DAW.

I completely uninstalled and did a fresh reinstall of 2.6.19, the main application first and then the Everything update.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

It now shows up in my DAW as 32 bit only. (And I've never installed any 32 bit file for it.)
Midi-learn is per patch, not global and unlearns when patch is changed or when you come back to it. (Doesn't save).

BBFG# wrote:It now shows up in my DAW as 32 bit only. (And I've never installed any 32 bit file for it.)
Midi-learn is per patch, not global and unlearns when patch is changed or when you come back to it.
Did you download the 64-bit version? That one is a separate download link...perhaps you accidentally downloaded the 32 bit version (it doesn't say it's 32-bit).

Midi-learn seems to be working correctly in .19 for everything except for Easy Knob 1 (which doesn't survive reloads for some reason) and NU World Sounds bank; it seems to have been partially fixed from .17 which didn't save the settings for me at all.
~ good luck ~

I only download the 64 bit versions, and yes, I double checked to make sure when this showed up. And none of my midi-learns survive when I reload either.

clif321 wrote:With the latest version (2.6.18) the Nori Ubukata historic synth giant banks no longer work properly -- a corrupted bankname appears in the browser and no patches appear. On Win7 x64.
I reported this bug to them on their facebook page and they released a patch for 2.6.19 to fix it.
~ good luck ~

Today's dealings:
Downloaded and installed 2.6.19
Opened it and it somehow downgraded to 2.6.15
Uninstalled in control panel.
Removed all instances in registry.
Scanned drives and found remnants on all three
(apparently from using updates instead of full clean installs.)

Note: I did move the presets and expansions folders to the desktop before deleting them.

Rebooted, did clean install.
Opened in DAW and volume would reset to zero on any touch of the control slider.
No midi learn or unlearn available.
Closed DAW and opened under Savihost. Midi learn was available there for global and program.
Chose global learn, closed it and opened in DAW, and it worked.

Presets were completely overwritten the way people are describing with shorten names and files merged. Moved the ones from the desktop back into the new folder and everything is back where they belong. Didn't go through all the programs, but the ones I did go through played fine.

And it only took three hours out of my day.

And it only took three hours out of my day.
I know the feeling, I spent a couple hours on it yesterday myself. Does midi learn lose its setting for Easy1 knob? It does on my end...annoying but not such a big deal as it seems that the rest of the midi mapping works except on the NU-World Sounds bank. What DAW do you use?
~ good luck ~

Didn't pass doing more than the volume. I use Sonar mostly.
But I seem to get more 'fixed' with SM under the Savihost stand-alone, than in the DAW.
I also seem to have problems every time I use the update file -
instead of downloading the whole program again and doing a clean install after uninstalling the old version.
What seemed most important this time was saving my old folders of presets and expansions and replacing the new ones with them.
'NU-World Sounds bank is the one I use the most and it seems to be back to normal by copying them over from old to new.
One bank that always gives me problems is the Insigna Club Essentials and I didn't run through it at all today (In fact, I rarely use it all, but it does seem to be the easiest one where I can see if all is as it should be.)

Insigna Club Essentials also needs a bunch of stuff installed into the Expansions folder, so it's not enough to just copy over the preset bank file. The pack by itself includes an installer, and if you have everything then you'd want to run the everything upgrade installer.
~ good luck ~

SoundGoddess wrote:Insigna Club Essentials also needs a bunch of stuff installed into the Expansions folder, so it's not enough to just copy over the preset bank file. The pack by itself includes an installer, and if you have everything then you'd want to run the everything upgrade installer.
Same is true for two of the Nori banks. But they worked fine just by copying the whole Expansion folder over without having to re-install them. I still haven't check the Insigna banks though.

2.6.19 update messed with some of my Nori presets. Don't know why this happens. I own a boatload of VST's and this is the only one that seems to be problematic. My Insigna Club Essentials bank also got messed up a few updates ago and never resolved. This routine is getting disappointing. So much potential but I'm feeling like it's a lost cause. And yes, I emailed the Dev and got the "I'll get to it" response but that never happened. He's a good guy but with every update the strange behavior is still present. (Not Bülent's strange behavior, Synthmaster's)

So, there's an uninstaller and I'm wondering if I should do that and just do a clean install and copy all my expansions over or not chance that potential nightmare. Hmmm. I may need whiskey for this one.

My insignia bank is working fine...I did end up re-installing from scratch though. The bugs that I have with this version (that weren't bugs in 2.6.12) is that the easy knob 1 and the master volume knobs don't save the midi mapping, and the midi mapping gets borked with nori sounds of the world preset bank.
~ good luck ~

Return to “KV331 Audio”