Had to join the Zebra family...

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...I just had no choice. 8)

10-15 minutes at a time isn't enough, to appreciate it. :hihi:

- I love my Omnisphere, but many patches just aren't "out of the box" musical. Eric Persing is a genius, and I have lots of Roland gear. My Juno Gi can be lugged anywhere, and has usable playable patches for any occasion - for example. With a "built in sound card" it works awesome in my DAW with just a pair of Sony MDR-7506 "cans" plugged straight to the Gi.

- I love my ME-80. It sounds fabulous, but probably not quite like a REAL CS-80. It's not $20k, either... :wink: But only Diva and Zebra really sound like a CS-80 would probably sound, IMO....and Zebra will do nearly anything... :o

I've got Zebralette, demo of Diva, and have played the heck out of TyrellN6 and ZebraCM. Fantastic synths, and there's just nothing like U-he filters and architecture. It sounds expensive. And it kinda' sorta' is.

200 bucks might be a lot of money for a synth. And it is. But I think it's a much better value for the money, than my Omnisphere - even though I love it.

Urs seems to say, "take it for a test drive - long as you want - for 10-15 mins. at a time. No hurry." Thanks, Urs - for your generosity, with all your other offerings!

But...y'see...10-15 minutes just isn't enough... 8)

VERY happy with the Zebra. Thanks, guys! :pray: :clap: :tu:

Thank you :oops:

I didnt get the the Zebra and Diva fuss till I stopped using the demos and bought them !!
I would recommend watching the short vids on the u-he youtube channel to get a handle on Zebra's virtually modular capabilities. Couldn't live without them now.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I'm using any/all resources available. There's probably 8-12 folks here that have been instrumental in "all things Zebra" for 10 years or so. Thanks guys, for all the awesome patches and your help all these years! What a community! :party: :love: :D

It's been years since I just sat down and just played a synth, because it sounds so fabulous! I easily 'lost' 3-4 hours yesterday, just playing it! With good velocity curves and modulation routings, you can shape the sound in great detail with your playing.

When I rolled up my sleeves and started creating a patch from scratch, I found EvilDragon's "highlights" mod indespensable - as I don't have my available 'target' options memorized... just yet. The '..." choices work well, unless it's already been allocated by something. Then, the bright orange text allows one to see at a glance what could be reallocated to a different source.

Man, this thing is so deep! Omnisphere is very cool, but do you really need 255 envelope segments? If you can't "say" it in 32/64 MSEG segments (x4) - which can also be 'randomized' by ENV, LFO, MMap, MMix, etc. combinations maybe something's wrong! The danger in starting from scratch is that you can start out with an idea for a plucked texture, and it becomes something else entirely as you meander down the path, without strong discipline! :hihi:

Man, I love the 'rand hold/rand glide' LFO options and the phase and OSC restart (or not) options also. There's just so much here! 8)

I thought I'd found the last synth I'd ever need in Omnisphere. And as good as it is, at this point I'm fairly certain it's Zebra 2... :clap: :tu:

... and one day there will be Z3 ;)

Welcome to the Zebra universe! Always glad to hear about someone's joy with my favourite synth.

I bought Zebra about an hour after reading the blurb on the u-he page. The whole emphasis on transforming waveforms made me feel this synth was built with me in mind. While I can see the GUI as being a put-off for some, for me, again, it's almost perfect. Sure, it could be prettier, but it's functionality does everything the blurb said it would.

That's the thing, when you read a blurb and try out the product and realize there was NO hyperbole or deception in the promotional text whatsoever, that gives you a deep connection to the company. You feel like they're talking to you, not at you. You can trust them to deliver.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Oh, yeah. Agreed on all points, Sendy.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the non-linearity of various params (like LFO speeds - especially when using the .10, 1, 10 scales, etc.). I'm finding myself setting up 'test' square waves on the cutoff, OSC modulations, etc. to get an idea of what I need to do with those methods.

The amazing amount - and depth - of tips that you and several others have provided here, are helping shorten that path greatly! :D

I also found that I really couldn't have a good run at programming this thing, without having to restart my instance when the behavior said "times up for this session!" until purchasing it.

Now, you can lose all track of time while tweaking! :o :hihi:

Return to “u-he”