renoise getting press attention. but...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am finding renoise new instrument stuff to suck hard. I mean, it's better than before but it's still way behind many sampler vsts that dropped into freeware and nothing like a good sampler from back in the day.

Also filters are horrible like I made in CSound when I was 14. Seriously...

It's a great sequencer, if you like trackers. I love renoise. But WTF? Is it just me?

The exposure is good, I guess, but I think the bad stuff might get revealed...

"The exposure is good, I guess, but I think the bad stuff might get revealed..."
Do you mean because YOU'RE trying to reveal [what you think of as] 'the bad stuff" right here in this thread?

I don't believe your "I love renoise." statement.
You seem more interested in trashing it than loving it.

You suck hard, man, not the 'new instrument stuff'! Get out of here, no one cares about your deluded 'opinion'. You've written several posts here and in the other thread, never said anything specific. Which means that you're trolling. By the way you express your thoughts I can see that you're either drugged or an extremely stupid person. Either way: You suck!!!

Let me repeat that for you:

YOU SUCK!!!

:idiot: :nutter:

He's right though, the instrument filters do sound terrible. I don't think they've been updated in 10+ years. Besides that and the lack of midi routing it's a great tracker.

Is redux available yet?

Open up some Renoise sample songs in the demo. There's magic in dated sounds with modern processing.

I liked Renoise when I used it but i never used any of the built in FX because i have my own awesome plugins to use in it.
:borg:

The instrument filters are polyphonic, so you can't just replace them with a monophonic vst filter plugin, which is why they need updated so badly.
Last edited by blackflag on Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, i like renoise. don't get me wrong.

blackflag wrote:The instrument filters are polyphonic, so you can't just replace them with a monophonic vst filter, which is why they need updated so badly.
no, the instruments are retardophonic. i've looked at them quite a bit over the last 3 or 4 weeks. they are too lazy or confused to mix the samples before they apply the terrible filter code so it makes like 50 voices of cpu use out of what should be 5. it's no excuse.

toothnclaw wrote:You suck hard, man, not the 'new instrument stuff'! Get out of here, no one cares about your deluded 'opinion'. You've written several posts here and in the other thread, never said anything specific. Which means that you're trolling. By the way you express your thoughts I can see that you're either drugged or an extremely stupid person. Either way: You suck!!!

YOU SUCK!!!

Drugged? Typical... part of why i'm done with that mess that is renoise.

The filters should be upgraded badly, that is true.
Otherwise, renoise is my favourite daw.

toothnclaw wrote:You suck hard, man, not the 'new instrument stuff'! Get out of here, no one cares about your deluded 'opinion'. You've written several posts here and in the other thread, never said anything specific. Which means that you're trolling. By the way you express your thoughts I can see that you're either drugged or an extremely stupid person. Either way: You suck!!!

YOU SUCK!!!

erm... this post doesn't come across as too level-headed either toothnclaw, but I'm no saint myself.
I also initially interpreted lectrixboogaloo's wording as trolling too, but I doubt he's drugged and don't think he's stupid; just frustrated; which is reasonable.
I'm defending him a bit here because I realize my comments probably fuelled some tension. I can be a tad overly picky about people's wording sometimes.

fwsuperhero wrote:The filters should be upgraded badly, that is true.
Otherwise, renoise is my favourite daw.
Renoise is nice. Enjoy. Fun is fun.

It is true that the filters aren't the best, maybe new algorithms should have been used as v3 was mostly focused on the sampler/instrument capabilities and the filters do sound dated. Everything has drawbacks though and nothing is perfect, saying it sucks is pretty overdramatic. Still more advanced than any other tracker sampler I'm aware of and even some mainstream DAWs(directwave...).

While I'd love better filters(who wouldn't?), my biggest beefs with Renoise are workflow related. Unable to select/copy/paste volume column only without going through the advanced edit mask, lack of measure highlight, no note cuts, auto capture instrument only works if it's been used in the current pattern. It's the fastest sequencer for me anyway but it could be even better, especially the volume column and measure highlight...just seem like such basic things that should have been there from the start

Your doing it wrong because Renoise is for guitarists now:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/101 ... -hop/31095

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”