Buying for different platforms

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am considering buying Bitwig and have noticed on the official FAQ that we are allowed to authorize up to 3 machines to use Bitwig.

Does anyone know if this is locked to a specific platform? Or could you mix and match.

I generally use Linux, but may need to also use Windows...

Also as an aside does anyone know how software updates are handled. I.e does BW phone home and update itself or are you required to manually update each time a new revision is released?

Any help much appreciated,
Cheers

Mix and match as you want - Windows, OSX, Linux. That's the beauty of it ;-)

BWS does "phone home" to check for updates if you are online but doesn't install updates automatically in the background like Live. You can directly download them from the update dialog but then run the installer normally.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Thanks for your reply, very useful info for me!

So just to clarify - when you buy BWS you get the option to download for all three platforms? One license covers all of them?

Again: Yes (and you can also just download the demo versions and unlock those).

And even if you already have authorized three machines, you can authorize another one temporarily (for instance if your laptop breaks on a gig and you need to use a replacement). You basically log into your user account from the software and in the authorization screen there is an option to just temporarily authorize instead of authorizing the machine for offline use. That option may also be good for you if you only occasionally use a machine and don't want to use up one of the authorisations.

It's all quite flexible and friendly.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Brilliant, thanks for clarifying..

Sorry for the stupid questions!

Not stupid at all. Just making sure. ;-)

You're welcome,

Tom

Return to “Bitwig”