when notation in Bitwig?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I would like to know if is possible to implement a simple notation environment in Bitwig.

regards

Same here.

No way I would leave BW, but looks like for creating melody of the song I will use logic or Pro tool or again Ableton.
Thats kind sad, I was using Ableton and they made simple notation soft (I ve paid for it 100 usd but its free now I guess) and that was kind of enough. I am not doing score for orchestra.

I think BW should do it too.

Edit: Crap, this post is from 2014, but anyway what difference it would make, if I would post same post again? 8)

2014? LOL. Been there. Still, I’m guessing notation is not even on the radar.

Nor should it be, imo. Bitwig isn’t a general daw. It’s its own thing. I don’t always agree with the development priorities but I agree with the broader vision.

brownerthanu wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:39 pm Nor should it be, imo. Bitwig isn’t a general daw. It’s its own thing. I don’t always agree with the development priorities but I agree with the broader vision.

Producer should be able to make melody, it is need even for dance music, and since we hear pitch somewhere between log and linear, seeing notes make clearer overview.

Harmony for me is strongest mixing tool and scales are also more readable with having notes in addition.

Its ok to have no deeper background in harmony and not play keyboard, you can make great music like this, but its also good otherwise and than, notation editor is big help.

I am talking about basic notation like in Ableton, no need to do other Dorico.

I understand scales and harmony just fine but traditional notation can sod off.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

My guess is Bitwig will never have notation...

Wrong DAW for Notation, try adding it to Ableton Live ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:33 pm Wrong DAW for Notation, try adding it to Ableton Live ;-)
I ve stuck already w/ Pro Tool - just for messing w/ initials melodies to fit chord progression, Ableton can be good for this task too.
BW is otherwise awesome.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:11 pm My guess is Bitwig will never have notation...
Given that they r reluctant to add midi stretching, u would have to be a big dreamer to have some high hope for basic notation editor. :phones:

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:35 am I understand scales and harmony just fine but traditional notation can sod off.
Thats real hard-core retro - I am not that tough, but thumbs up :tu:

Its good tough for making chord inversions and progression layout, voice leading sketch etc. But creating melodies w/ traditional notation is hard, I guess its good for really good players.

This is the official answer by Bitwig's staff.

I sent this e-mail in 2016.

Look at the attachments
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That's fantastic news. Very pleased with that answer. Thanks!
-JH

bielphc wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:11 am This is the official answer by Bitwig's staff.

I sent this e-mail in 2016.

Look at the attachments
I did not know that electronic music never needs melody and that it´s needed only for orchestra. :?:

I also did not know that Ableton, which has notation editor, is DAW design for orchestra.

Can you explain to us plebs how melody is only possible thru notation?
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Return to “Bitwig”