Sigmund Demo curiosity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it just me (haha) or is the D16 Sigmund x64 Windows demo version saving state with projects? I've tried it in Cubase Artist 7.5 and Orion 8.504 and it seems to recall whatever state I put it in after I save, close, and reopen!?

soooo... nooo one?

okay..

No one has tried D16 Sigmund before?

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you, ontol, for the response.

I emailed d16 support many months ago about this and they never responded.. not really getting warm fuzzies from the support with no response at all. But I thought I'd ask here as a result..

Seems like, outside of the time limitation which is resolved by closing and reopening the project, the demo doesn't indeed seem so limited. Very strange.

Btw you need not have Orion or Cubase.. I was wondering, in general, if anyone else on Windows side saw the same behavior with this plugin demo.

Well same here, I dont have the demo, own the full thing. I just couldnt find a list of what the actual demo restrictions were, but i thought d16 plugs poppped up an info thing when loaded saying the restrictions. If it didnt list state saving, then I guess its not one of them

Also fyi, they sent out an email this morning about an RC release with some new features, presets etc:
Following changes have been made since version 1.0.0:
• AAX compatibility - At last good news for Pro Tools 10 / 11 users, this version of Sigmund is the very first D16 plug-in compatible with AVID's DAWs.
• New functions and features added:
o New modulator types (Envelope, Peak follower)
o Tempo Tapping feature
o Feedback Hold feature
o Phase Shift parameter to LFO type modulator
o Waveform Invert parameter to LFO type modulator
o New retrigger source for modulators (Transient detector)
o Quality settings (4 grades for Real-time and Offline processing)
o Configurable Delay Lines' Buffer Length for controlling RAM consumpion
o 116 new factory presets
o Default parameter automation map for easier start

• Changes and bugfixes:
o Modulator retriggering configuration moved from options to MOD GUI area
o Minor look and feel changes
o [Mac OS X] Added Apple digital signature (Gatekeeper compatibility)
o [Mac OS X] Bugfix for displaying fractional parts of delay time values
o [Mac OS X] Sigmund is now AU MIDI Controlled Effect, so Logic users can at last take an advantage of Sigmund's MIDI Learn function.

ezelkow1 wrote:Well same here, I dont have the demo, own the full thing. I just couldnt find a list of what the actual demo restrictions were, but i thought d16 plugs poppped up an info thing when loaded saying the restrictions. If it didnt list state saving, then I guess its not one of them

Also fyi, they sent out an email this morning about an RC release with some new features, presets etc:
Following changes have been made since version 1.0.0:
• AAX compatibility - At last good news for Pro Tools 10 / 11 users, this version of Sigmund is the very first D16 plug-in compatible with AVID's DAWs.
• New functions and features added:
o New modulator types (Envelope, Peak follower)
o Tempo Tapping feature
o Feedback Hold feature
o Phase Shift parameter to LFO type modulator
o Waveform Invert parameter to LFO type modulator
o New retrigger source for modulators (Transient detector)
o Quality settings (4 grades for Real-time and Offline processing)
o Configurable Delay Lines' Buffer Length for controlling RAM consumpion
o 116 new factory presets
o Default parameter automation map for easier start

• Changes and bugfixes:
o Modulator retriggering configuration moved from options to MOD GUI area
o Minor look and feel changes
o [Mac OS X] Added Apple digital signature (Gatekeeper compatibility)
o [Mac OS X] Bugfix for displaying fractional parts of delay time values
o [Mac OS X] Sigmund is now AU MIDI Controlled Effect, so Logic users can at last take an advantage of Sigmund's MIDI Learn function.
Didn't get an email and no new releases is account?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

go to the add-ons section in your account, its not in the real downloads since its not official yet

ezelkow1 wrote:go to the add-ons section in your account, its not in the real downloads since its not official yet
Nice one tx, have you tried it yet.
Mac Studio

woodsdenis wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:go to the add-ons section in your account, its not in the real downloads since its not official yet
Just installed and opened it, havent really played with it yet though since im not at home

ezelkow1 wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
Just installed and opened it, havent really played with it yet though since im not at home
Just got the email myself, downloaded it, a lot more going on under the hood. Loads of new presets which are very impressive. Good update, CPU seems to be down, I don't know what level the first version was at in the quality settings in this version so can't directly compare. Tx again for the heads up :tu:
Mac Studio

ezelkow1 wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
I just gave a little time to the updated RC , the few additional parameters sounds promising, perhaps a bit complex, but undoubtedly promising

Thanks, ezelkow1, for the info on the update and it shouldn't be saving state with the trial. There are two demo limitations mentioned when you first open the Sigmund trial --

1) Working time is limited to 45 minutes per session.
and
2) Total recall is disabled - plugin doesn't restore settings from saved projects.

1 is functioning as they intended, 2 is not. It is essentially an unlimited trial as long as you save and reopen the project. I've moved several knobs on the GUI around, saved the project, closed, reopened.. and voila.. the settings are as I left them on the Sigmund GUI!

Even whole presets appear to be recalled. :dog:

So you've spoilt it by moaning about it :p
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”