What hosts still don't support x32 and x64 plugs at the same time?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ableton Live, Logic, Cantabile... any more?

StudioOne, DigitalPerformer and ProTools as I remember.

Still those that do, have some kind of internal bridging - that might work better or worse.

jBridge may work otherwise, but needs on Windows to run as administrator. The host must, or you will have a lot of confirmations on each instance you have loaded with jBridge.

So maybe work away from 32-bit stuff you still use.

Most of all 32-bit synths tends to malfunction and cause all kinds of freezing/vrashing issues. Even if not SynthEdit-based.

Wouldn't be easier to start with those which has built-in support? There won't be many..
resistance is futile. Check my latest mix: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=532758

Many DO. FL Studio, Sonar, Renoise...Cubase?

Logic X, no.

Which is why I still use Logic 9

And i don't think they will ever support 32bit plugs.
dedication to flying

arkmabat wrote:Many DO. FL Studio, Sonar, Renoise...Cubase?
Reaper - I like the fact that in Reaper you can also firewall bridged (and non bridged) plugins which reduces the chances of them bringing down the whole system.

Took 8 posts :hihi:

the answer is "all of them". some do however bridge 32 bit plugins so that they run in 64 with varying results.

TheoM wrote:Logic X, no.
It will with the 32 Lives software... :clap:

Yea I know it doesn't out of the box, but it can is my point.

hibidy wrote:Took 8 posts :hihi:
Time doesn't wait for me, it keeps on rolling.... :hihi:

Logic X dropped 32bit support.
Cubase has a built in bit-bridge that's not always working.

"Shells", "Wrappers" and "Bit-Bridges" are the solution. Though I have a feeling that this will change in Q4/2014 and onward for several hosts.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:"Shells", "Wrappers" and "Bit-Bridges" are the solution. Though I have a feeling that this will change in Q4/2014 and onward for several hosts.
Why? What kind of a change there could suddenly happen that no longer requires bit bridging? The fundamental problem is that hosts just can't load and run code in dynamic libraries of different CPU architecture to their own.

I actually mean it the other way around - complete drop of support for x86 (32bit) plugins!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”