Cabbage = csound export as VST

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://github.com/cabbageaudio/cabbage/releases
http://thecabbagefoundation.org/index.p ... e507b3b289

Im sure this has been discussed her at KVR before but I cant find the thread.

Cabbage is an enviroment that allows you to use csound and create GUIs for realtime instruments and effects.

Better still, you can export them as Windows (32and 64bit) and OSX VST dll files, with the version linked above.

It comes with over 100 examples, including synths and effects.

So, just have a look through the examples, load them up and then export as a plugin.
Lots of juicy stuff including fft algos such as a freeze effect, which has recently been asked for in the effects forum and exotic synthesis techniques.

It makes it very easy to turn your csound creations (which are saved in the form of 'csd' files) into plugins, or modify existing csd, of which there are thousands.

Quite a few of the example creations appear to be the same or close to those available in the csound4live packs, which you need Live and max4live to run.

I was also rather chuffed to discover the interfaces are multi touch capable (Interface looks like theyve used the JUICE framework)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Better still, you can export them as Windows (32and 64bit) and OSX VST dll files, with the version linked above.
wossat? when did that happen? has someone got a 64-bit build of Csound going then? :hyper:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Better still, you can export them as Windows (32and 64bit) and OSX VST dll files, with the version linked above.
wossat? when did that happen? has someone got a 64-bit build of Csound going then? :hyper:
Well, Ive only tried the 32bit version :oops:

I want them to update CSound for live soon!

A 64bit version would be most welcome. However i suppose I could take the time to put together a 32-bit laptop system that is just for Csoundforlive because it is "That" good.
:borg:

Studio One can't read the VST files exported by examples... o.O WHY?

Turello wrote:Studio One can't read the VST files exported by examples... o.O WHY?
Works fine for me with S1 32bit on Win7 32

V0RT3X wrote:I want them to update CSound for live soon!

A 64bit version would be most welcome. However i suppose I could take the time to put together a 32-bit laptop system that is just for Csoundforlive because it is "That" good.
The old domain name is working again with a link to the purchase page, thats some hope :)

VariKusBrainZ wrote:

The old domain name is working again with a link to the purchase page, thats some hope :)
I lost all my old Csoundforlive purchases in a HD crash so I wonder if they would send me my purchases again. If not I suppose I could re-buy it all again..

@Vari: how you export? can you put here a photo?

Turello wrote:@Vari: how you export? can you put here a photo?
Load one of the examples and then under the main menu choose export as synth or effect.....simples :D

Did it but nothing, tomorrow I'll try with my DAW... thanks the same!

I noticed you were looking for fft stuff, have you tried the max4live devices from Amazing Noises, now available directly from ableton

V0RT3X wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:

I lost all my old Csoundforlive purchases in a HD crash so I wonder if they would send me my purchases again. If not I suppose I could re-buy it all again..
I'd just email Richard Boulanger and ask, Ive found him to be a very helpful guy. If youve got a date or order number Im sure it would help.

Aside: still not entirely sure if the 64-bit version of this means its a 64-bit CSound. If there's no 64-bit CSound, I suspect it means no csound~ object for 64-bit MAX/MSP (unless they leverage whatever Rory has done with Cabbage).

FWIW I do notice there's a new version of csound~ at the CSound github, newer than the one at the original developers page. On checking, though, it seems to be 32-bit only, and, unlike previous versions, missing a .dll requirement from MingWin.

It doesnt help that up until now '32-bit Csound' and '64-bit Csound' have actually existed, but referred to the floating point accuracy rather than the processor platform (ie the old difference between csound-f and csound-d)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Turello wrote:Studio One can't read the VST files exported by examples... o.O WHY?
Same with Tracktion 4.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

whyterabbyt wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:

I'd just email Richard Boulanger and ask, Ive found him to be a very helpful guy. If youve got a date or order number Im sure it would help.

Aside: still not entirely sure if the 64-bit version of this means its a 64-bit CSound. If there's no 64-bit CSound, I suspect it means no csound~ object for 64-bit MAX/MSP (unless they leverage whatever Rory has done with Cabbage).

FWIW I do notice there's a new version of csound~ at the CSound github, newer than the one at the original developers page. On checking, though, it seems to be 32-bit only, and, unlike previous versions, missing a .dll requirement from MingWin.

It doesnt help that up until now '32-bit Csound' and '64-bit Csound' have actually existed, but referred to the floating point accuracy rather than the processor platform (ie the old difference between csound-f and csound-d)

Thanks i'll give it a shot. Last time i emailed him i never got a reply, but maybe my email never got to him.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”