Dimension Pro test turned pop song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I started this track as a test drive of Cakewalk's Dim Pro. It became a full song, with vocals and all. Probably my poppiest song to date, but in a moody way.

http://www.reverbnation.com/nineofkings ... dimensions

Direct link: http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/dqiaqjxoj9/Dimensions.mp3

Did you meet Coldplay and Oasis? :P

I guess with your great pop songwriting skills we could even give you Oatmeal and you'd make a whole pop song with it... :hihi:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Very good result :tu:

Are all the instruments from Dim Pro?

Thank you! Yes, all the instruments are either modified presets or made from included sample content in Dim Pro.

Never met Coldplay or Oasis, but I'm flattered.

Good and fresh song, I can't hear Coldplay or Oasis... (?) Instead really nice and original!
Last edited by Turello on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

A postmortem for a failed relationship ("dimensions lost") disguised as a Dimension Pro demo? Brilliant, mature songwriting with excellent lyrics. Solid vox and production. Very well done. :tu:

9K forgot to plug his band's album: Let Them Eat Crepes. Check it out folks.

Frantz wrote:A postmortem for a failed relationship ("dimensions lost") disguised as a Dimension Pro demo? Brilliant, mature songwriting with excellent lyrics. Solid vox and production. Very well done. :tu:

9K forgot to plug his band's album: Let Them Eat Crepes. Check it out folks.
Thanks (for your comments and the plug)! Technically it's about the death of innocence, but that's sort of a "relationship with the world." I appreciate the opinions and am glad that this comes off as original; I was worried the production would liken it too much to "radio music."

pleasant and very clean, love it! :tu:

Very nice! Definitely a Coldplay influence there. I like the bass part, too.

How long did it take you do this? I never found drums in DimPro to be particularly easy to "play" or process.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Dimpro sounding top notch there 9, this was a real nice listen on the phones. well done! :tu: :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

nineofkings wrote:Technically it's about the death of innocence, but that's sort of a "relationship with the world." I appreciate the opinions and am glad that this comes off as original; I was worried the production would liken it too much to "radio music."
Glad to hear that you're not heartbroken. I did say it sounds "mature" which is related to the "death of innocence."

I wouldn't worry about radio music which is always in flux. Strong songwriting lasts for decades.

This is great!! You should get someone to give this a good mixing to make it sound a little fuller....hint hint
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Really great song there. Is that 100% Dimension Pro? Out of the box? Or do you have some real instruments mixed in there. Plus also, did you sequence and record this whole thing yourself? It's fantastic.

Well done (blows the dust off his old Dim Pro box). You've inspired me at least! I'm gonna listen again. To the words this time. Like a chick ;p
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

My favourite 9k song to date. The instrumentation and melodies sounds great. The arrangement is terrific, but for me the stand-out is the vocal. You are effectively managing to vary the delivery, incorporating some "grit" into the sound at strategic places, without overdoing it.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”