How to use iPad synths to daw like Logic Pro 9 & X?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have an Akai Synthstation 49 and i find it very useful because i can use it for both iPad and Mac but in the recent years, app developers released a lot of great synths for iPad such as Nave by Waldorf and Animoog by Moog and i downloaded these synth apps and they are great. I wanna know if there are some ways to connect these iPad synths to my daw using my Akai Synthstation 49 with iPad dock on it. Do i need an audio interface to do this? (because I don't have one). What cables or interfaces do i need to work on this because these synths are cheap but yet they have legit sound and i can't afford high end hardware synths.

One option is the iConnectMIDI2+, which uses a special cable to transfer digital audio from the iOS device through the iConnectMIDI2+ to your Mac using aggregate audio. More info here:

http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI2plus

There are other devices available from IKMultiMedia or Alesis IO dock and other companies, but I prefer the iConnectMIDI gear - it's well built and works really well.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

so this iconnectmidi2+ thing could make my iPad synth as a VST to my mac?

And btw, my AKAI synth station 49 doesn't have MIDI inputs, it only has usb connector to computer, audio out (L/R) and sustain. That's it.

christian0154 wrote:so this iconnectmidi2+ thing could make my iPad synth as a VST to my mac?
Not exactly like a plugin, but you would be able to send MIDI from Logic to the iPad and receive the app audio back in to Logic to record, add effects, etc.

You should also be able to connect the Akai keyboard to the iConnectMIDI and play both synths in Logic and synths on iOS.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”