I could not help myself... Here are program icons!

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I _really_ should not add features now, but this one has been requested over and over, and I could not help myself.

I the beta section you can now find a build that add user selectable icons for programs. You can either pick from a set of built-ins (thanks to the very talented Icon8) or load your own images. Icons are displayed at 32x32 pixel resolution, you change them by clicking on them. (Figure it out! ;-)

I hate doing this update, because now I have to re-do all screenshots in the manual and on the website, but it looks pretty neat, so there is always that...

A user defined image will be stored with the program if "copy content" is ticked, and DAW banks will also store the image data internally. Oh, and you can D&D an image onto a program as well. God, I'm thorough... :-)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Cool :)

While at it, could you add some additional mouse actions? Double-click in the empty area of the program rack - creates new empty program. Double click in the empty group list - creates new empty group. Stuff like that. :)

Unrelated, but an installer checkbox option for creating a Start Menu folder would be welcome over here... I always have to remove it over and over after each update...

Great !
Thank you !

EvilDragon wrote:Cool :)

While at it, could you add some additional mouse actions? Double-click in the empty area of the program rack - creates new empty program. Double click in the empty group list - creates new empty group. Stuff like that. :)

Unrelated, but an installer checkbox option for creating a Start Menu folder would be welcome over here... I always have to remove it over and over after each update...
Ok, dragon. Just because it is you. A new build with all of the above.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:
EvilDragon wrote: While at it, could you add some additional mouse actions? Double-click in the empty area of the program rack - creates new empty program. Double click in the empty group list - creates new empty group. Stuff like that. :)
Ok, dragon. Just because it is you. A new build with all of the above.
Nice, thank you !

elcallio wrote:Ok, dragon. Just because it is you. A new build with all of the above.
You're awesome! This is definitely very intuitive. And fast! Thank you :)

(BTW I actually meant double-clicking in the empty part of the group list, not the mapping view itself! :oops: )

Just noticed - when having several empty programs loaded, changing the name of one changes the name of all of them. Same goes for program icons - change one, you change it on all of them.

Unhandled exception happens when:

1. Open TX16Wx
2. Shift-click the Load bank/performance button
3. Notice that the program slot name doesn't even show the default program name now.
4. Double-click to create a new empty group. (Also notice when right-clicking to create a new group you will find the option greyed out).

EvilDragon wrote:Unhandled exception happens when:

1. Open TX16Wx
2. Shift-click the Load bank/performance button
3. Notice that the program slot name doesn't even show the default program name now.
4. Double-click to create a new empty group. (Also notice when right-clicking to create a new group you will find the option greyed out).
Acked and fixed. New build up (I did not bump version)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

EvilDragon wrote: Just noticed - when having several empty programs loaded, changing the name of one changes the name of all of them. Same goes for program icons - change one, you change it on all of them.
No, you are mistaking _slots_ and programs. Two slots with the same program mapped will indeed share name and icon. But not two slots with different programs.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Hm. Not sure I like that personally - I find it a bit confusing. ^^; Don't you think at least with the default empty program it shouldn't behave like that?

Thanks for that other fix though! (Except double-click that I expected in the group list rather than mapping view, still not there, sorry. :oops:)

EvilDragon wrote:Hm. Not sure I like that personally - I find it a bit confusing. ^^; Don't you think at least with the default empty program it shouldn't behave like that?
This is true. Its odd and a little cumbersome when you are quickly defining and assigning multiple channel slots (like setting up a drumkit).

But I think we have held up your gold version for too long Calle ...this can wait...

Cheers...

EvilDragon wrote:Hm. Not sure I like that personally - I find it a bit confusing. ^^; Don't you think at least with the default empty program it shouldn't behave like that?

Thanks for that other fix though! (Except double-click that I expected in the group list rather than mapping view, still not there, sorry. :oops:)
There is no "default empty program". There are programs, period. If you refer to the program created with "create new perf+prog", yes, it is empty, but why should it behave differently? And exactly how?

I makes no sense (well, maybe little, but at the very least much less) to have icons per slot. The use case is to enable a nice "preview" for a program (i.e. sound content), which is also why it is copied (if external) into a program file structure when needed. When you load such a program, the icon should follow the program. (Prog X has icon Y on disk, load X -> the assigned slot shows Y).

I think what you are saying is that you somehow think that creating a slot creates a new program. It does not. Maybe it should (or optionally so), but that is another issue. But if you are creating a slot to map a program that you load from disk, this would make very little sense, and instead just create excess programs.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:I think what you are saying is that you somehow think that creating a slot creates a new program. It does not. Maybe it should (or optionally so), but that is another issue.
Yep, that's what I'm saying and where I'm coming from, too (as you already know). Old habits die hard, I know. :P

Return to “CWITEC”