Looking for some iOS FX apps - any recs?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for some iOS effects apps that I could use between the IN and OUT of Audiobus.
Stuff like chorus, flanger, echo, dist., etc.
Does anyone have any recommendations for the middle Audiobus slot?
Free would be nice. :)
If not, could you also post what the cheapest price you have seen the app go on sale for recently.
Thank you. :)

Depending on what you need here are some options. I think prices differ somewhat per country (at least priceoffers) so you'll have to see for yourself but you would anyway when checking out the specs ;) :

Turnado
Glitch1
Glitchbreaks
Echo
Robovox
Vio
Vocalpad

Remember, when working with an iOS DAW you can also use the FX from the DAW itself.
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Holderness Media stuff:

Caramel
Crystalline
Stereo Designer
Swoopster
Echo pad

yonac tonestack and any of the guitar related apps have very good effects, but tonestack 4 effect is on another league, no effect number limit and sual stereo chain

Thanks for all the recs! I appreciate that. :)
I'll check them out
christophersad wrote:yonac tonestack and any of the guitar related apps have very good effects, but tonestack 4 effect is on another league, no effect number limit and sual stereo chain
Nice! With what you get in even the free version is pretty incredible. I hope they make decent money on the in-app purchases. This is possibly the best all round guitar sim for iOS out there.
Spiritos wrote:Remember, when working with an iOS DAW you can also use the FX from the DAW itself.

:dog: My main request was some FX from when I play a synth or guitar into GarageBand via Audiobus or the Inter-App Audio. After a quick check, I can get the FX to work for an external guitar sim, but there doesn't seem to be a way to play an external synth through Audiobus and have it go through the guitar pedals. It works for the IAA though. Thanks for that!

christophersad wrote:yonac tonestack and any of the guitar related apps have very good effects, but tonestack 4 effect is on another league, no effect number limit and sual stereo chain
Thanks so much for putting Tonestack on the radar. I just picked it up for a buck! I was almost going to buy it for full price, but I figured I'd wait until Thanksgiving to see if the price would drop in half. Thanks Yonac and christophersad!

This really is quite excellent stuff. I also picked up Magellan synth and I can use the FX there as well in the Audiobus a FX slot.

I would love to use the rotor emu from Galileo in the Audiobus FX slot with Tonestack in front, but it is not working for me. I'm doing something wrong.

If any one can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated! :)

Yeah Magellan is nicegreat thing is you can record direct into that as well. Check out csSpectral, amazing effect!
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com/csspectral/
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

AUFX:Dub and AUFX:Space are super lush and sexy sounding.

AD480 Free is a lovely sounding free reverb (pay versions are $5 and $15 iirc).
Meh.

turnado is a great fx app, and not just for glitchfests

musikmachine wrote:Yeah Magellan is nicegreat thing is you can record direct into that as well.
had no idea magellan could be used as an effect :love: have been going backwards and forwards, trying to decide whether to buy the whole suite within tonestack. had just spent money in jamup pro, otherwise i would have just done it. the yonac effects, however, seem to offer much more control, and i can see from magellan they are great-sounding

one thing that tonestack seems to be missing from magellan i that hex eq filter. that's a real beauty

wish i knew how long the yonac bundle would be discounted for :scared:

svrc wrote:Holderness Media stuff:

Caramel
Crystalline
Stereo Designer
Swoopster
Echo pad
There's a bundle sale on all these together, in the app store right now.

https://itunes.apple.com/app-bundle/hol ... 92581?mt=8
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Yeah Magellan is nicegreat thing is you can record direct into that as well.
had no idea magellan could be used as an effect :love: have been going backwards and forwards, trying to decide whether to buy the whole suite within tonestack. had just spent money in jamup pro, otherwise i would have just done it. the yonac effects, however, seem to offer much more control, and i can see from magellan they are great-sounding

one thing that tonestack seems to be missing from magellan i that hex eq filter. that's a real beauty

wish i knew how long the yonac bundle would be discounted for :scared:
Yeah great effect! I bought Audioshare yesterday and had it as as an insert, recorded my voice in AS, trimmed it and pasted it into Magellan then overdubbed a jam over it! Think it's gone back up though, Tonestack is £2.99. :(

musikmachine wrote:Think it's gone back up though, Tonestack is £2.99. :(
it has, indeed. however, i just checked, and the in-app-purchases are still on sale. so you could still get the whole suite for less than 30quid :)

i actually bought the complete bundle upgrade, yesterday. i find the effects to offer so much more than those in jam-up, and am actually pretty blown away with the app. i can't speak about the amp modeling, as i only have a semi-ac classical.

as a multi-effects processor, this was no-brainer territory for me. i'm also betting the 8-track recorder will also justify the investment

just received a reply from yonac. they have no date for the end of the iap sale, and think it will go on for another couple of days, at least. so, although the initial app costs a little more, the iap sales make fore really great value

Tried the free Tonestack, not bad but i'm trying to save money for other stuff while waiting for ios8 updates!

If you're plugging in a guitar check out Apollo Remote Recorder, you can stream audio between devices and into your DAW for wireless recording, needs audiobus though.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”