Which Flower? (Deep)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/imnotdedyet/which-flower

Enjoy and your comments are always appreciated!

Weird. The melodies didn't work out the way I expected them to. I really liked what the pads/loops were doing in the background. I found this to be quite unnerving and edgy. Nice original style.

Good work :)

Thx for the listen and the comments.

I'd say unnerving and edgy is kind of what I was going for, so I'm glad it translated. :)

Atmospheric and strange (in a good way). Playing keyboards like you don't give a fvck about what key the piece is in and making it work too. :) I like it when someone has an original approach that is also listenable. Great stuff. :tu:

LOL Frantz, I started in Ebm, but some of the elements didn't sound good in the notes in that scale so I just went with what sounded good to me - which turned out to be closer to EbMaj, but there are still a number of notes that even I when looking at it went...WTF was I thinking? ;)

Glad you enjoyed it, and found it listenable even for all its "naturals" ;)

Thanks Frantz.

ImNotDedYet wrote:so I just went with what sounded good to me
Please keeping doing whatever sounds good to you! There is enough "Force to Scale" boring stuff out there already.

Realized it sounded like something made in the old style of David Byrne.
Liked it for that reason and it`s minimalistic motion.

(ironic...just came from a Byrne thread. hmm. )
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Thx for the listen and comment...David Byrne? Wow! Hella compliment I guess!

Glad you enjoyed it annode!

And yes, Frantz, that's my plan. I figure I'd rather do things that move me than things in order to "fit in." :)

i like how you took barry manillows "copa cabana" and shot it clear into the 25th century! well mixed, nice work :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:i like how you took barry manillows "copa cabana" and shot it clear into the 25th century! well mixed, nice work :tu:
LOL. Barry manillow and Copa Cabana were the farthest things on my mind when I wrote this, I assure you! ;)

Thanks for the listen and compliment though. And if you ever get a chance to get to Rio, I highly recommend the Copacabana! ;)

The Byrne / Copacabana reference I believe is meant for your rhythms which are somewhat Latin/Cuban. Like this Byrne song;
@ 5:42
...and BTW I like your tune much more then this Byrne non-sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z41K-kceSFg
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

he gets horny? i bet this song got him laid alot!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thx annode!

I figured it had to be the congas that were the Barry Manilow reference because I sure didn't hear it in the melody. ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”