Merry Time Command + Fuel Tide

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Messing around trying to do some beat smithing on the Octatrack the last couple weeks. Came up with these 2 protracted jams of formless lofi downtempo business. The usual suspects are in there… some piano, synth, ep, field recording. Plenty of OTO Biscuit used on these, with some Mobius and MF-102 in there as well.

https://soundcloud.com/polyslax/merry-time-command

https://soundcloud.com/polyslax/fuel-tide

:party:
Image Image

I like "Merry Time Command". It starts out with detuned wind chime soundalikes, and then seems to move underground via the use of some reverbed percussion, pausing only to check messages on the answerphone. I liked the irregular "xylophone-loops". They seemed to lend the piece a "manic" vibe. Later the darkness seems to lift a little with the addition of lighter, melodic lines and glitchy synths, before a final plunge back into the subterranean depths.

Good work :)

Merry Time Command - music from the broken toy factory

Fuel Tide - Eerie tribal ghost funk beats. A jazz pianist starts to play along but abandons the piece midway. The beats are most effective.

Thanks for checking it out guys, appreciate the feedback! :)
Image Image

The rhythm on Fuel Tide almost sounds like a lazy Latin American dance groove, a little like a Bossa Nova. The pianist decided to wing it for a while but had to take a "nature break" after the drummer discovered that he wasn't getting a fee. Later on, David Lynch turned up to shoot Eraserhead 2, but the chickens hadn't fully defrosted.

Good work :)

Merry Time Command really hits the spot, but I enjoyed both. Thanks, polyslax.
No longer a moderator.

Merry Time Command - Scary, I can feel someones trying to kill me right now...

Fuel Tide - seems like you don't make loops in your melody, I like that and I can feel some kind of progressive in your track, makes the audience waiting for the next beat... and in general it's a little bit slow..

Good job!

Return to “Music Cafe”