Some impressions

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I didn't like Bitwig at the beginning.

Coming from Reaper, Anything less than almost full customization seems a little like a toy to me now ( I don't like that feeling but I can't help it).

I was surprised actually. The workflow is incredible, everything seems to be well thought of.

As someone who likes to work nativeley, I can't wait for the integrated modular system to show up.

Bitwig, to me, should become a sort of an enhanced Ableton with an integrated Reaktor/MAX.
The only thing better from that would be adding the customization Reaper offers. That kind of software would be ultimate imo.

Some points:

- I wish that I could delete anything with ctrl-x , like in reaper. Rather than pressing the Del key.

- When working on a looped midi, I couldn't find a way to only see original clip's notes, instead I see the whole looped part's notes, sometimes i only want to see the original.

- Better organization of device stacks. It gets messy really fast.

- Track Batch I/O routing.

- Init patch option for devices.

- Individual outputs on containers devices - For sidechaining etc.
- Auto zoom on double click.

- Templates.

- change parameters with mousewheel.

- Track Folders etc. ( Currently containers are the only folders )

- Why isn't it possible to quantize stretch point ? I'm probably missing something here. Why is there a different view for onsets and stretch points and where's the quantization?

- Auto backup .bak

- The ability to undo actions while the quantize time window is open (probably relevant to other windows).

- Naming individual devices or at least some description ability.

- I'd like to have the option to keep the micropitch slides pointing to the same notes after i move the original notes. So, if i draw a line from C to E , and then move the note to B, I'd like to have an option to keep the line pointing to E.

- Generally a better micropitch work flow would be nice.

- A faster way to move the play start head inside the clip view (Currently can be moved only by dragging).

- I'd like an indication that a preset has been tweaked with, like some red dot or something next to the preset's name.

- I guess that any device complaint can be ignored since the modular system should solve that.

- I hope that I won't have to pay again for the forthcoming features. $400 dollars is a full price. Right now Bitwig doesn't seem full to me yet.

Anyway excuse my rambling, my bad English, and any technical mistakes you find here.

Cheers
Last edited by anechoix on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:31 am, edited 16 times in total.

If you want to see the original clip rather than the looped version just press the "clip" button and you'll see the clip it self rather than the contents of the whole track (other clips, loops, etc.)
Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 11.08.37 PM.png
Also for the tweaking of presets...I swear it would show a little star next to the preset name if it was tweaked..was this taken out? I swear I remember that being a thing in BWS.

You won't have to pay for most updates, like 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2. However you will have to pay for every major numbered upgrade, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

You won't have to pay for most updates, like 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2. However you will have to pay for every major numbered upgrade, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0.
Yeah I just hope that there would be enough added content to justify $400 before V2.

Feature requests best go to tech support directly. ;)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=420129

Feature requests best go to tech support directly. ;)
++ Cool just did :!:

anechoix wrote:

Make your own init for each device and set it as default. Usually my inits are better then factory init anyway.

owensands wrote:
anechoix wrote:

Make your own init for each device and set it as default. Usually my inits are better then factory init anyway.
How to make a preset as default? can't find it.

I think there is a little button next to the preset title. Id have to look when I get home.

edit just looked it doesn't exist but still you can save your own init and just recall it. very easy to do. There is a default parameter page mapping that you can save though. Thats what I was thinking.

Yeah actually making my own init sounds better. It's a Bitwig DIY kind of thinking that I like.

Return to “Bitwig”