GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GForce has VSM and the expansion on sale for 50% off this week.

I'm on the fence about it and there's no demo to try.

Any owners out there to give an opinion?

What alternatives are in the same league?

I've got Reaktor so I've got a few good ensembles for that sound and a few sample sets. What would VSM give me beyond those?

Any thoughts welcome!

If, like me, you love your synth strings then I would say go for it!
VSM is full of great string synths, and alongside Loomer's String and my Kontakt collection (Synthmagic, Hollow Sun, Hideaway Studios) I'm pretty well covered :wink:
I did take this opportunity to get the Expansion Pack though, as that was missing from my collection.

That didn't really answer your question though, sorry.
There are plenty of string synths in VSM that I hadn't come across before, and having two layers makes for some lush sounds, especially with the onboard modulation effects (great phaser). Even though I have a big collection of String Synth sounds, VSM is a go to for me.

+1

Just picked up the expansion too.

If you like the string synth sound then you'll be in heaven. There is a slight delay in loading samples, mostly ameliorated by having an ssd, but otherwise the interface is responsive. You'll find it hard to resist playing with the ensemble settings.

Thoroughly recommended here.

It's one of the few synths that distract me from what I'm doing just because I love playing it....I can get completely lost just busting out some phasey chords :lol:

Man, my wallet was kind of hoping you guys would say it was awful :wink:

More opinions welcome although this might end up being inevitable.

I 'd love to get this one, no $$ right now, but it sounds great from the video demos I've seen and heard. 8)

I would say definitely worth getting, especially at this price. Although I think I prefer the sound of Loomer String, there is definitely an analog warmth to these that String doesn't have (IMHO).

I wish Imposcar 2 would go on sale. Oh well.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:I wish Imposcar 2 would go on sale. Oh well.
GForce had it 50% off a month or so ago. They've been going one by one through their products offering 50% off.

I *love* Imposcar2. One of my favorites!

EDIT: As it turns out the sale was 30% off for Imposcar.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jsp1979 wrote:Man, my wallet was kind of hoping you guys would say it was awful :wink:
Well some of is awful, IMHO.
I really really like some of the patches that are more or less straight samples , but I don't like the filters or effects and I don't like many of the patches that use the filters and effects.

jsp1979 wrote:
Gribs wrote:I wish Imposcar 2 would go on sale. Oh well.
GForce had it 50% off a month or so ago. They've been going one by one through their products offering 50% off.

I *love* Imposcar2. One of my favorites!
DAM, wish I hadn't missed that.

I don't remember that either :(.

If the Imposcar Sale was the same "non advertising" like with VSM then it's no wonder. Where they advert their current sale? I can't see it.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:I can't see it.
http://www.gforcesoftware.com/gshop/products

Return to “Instruments”