How Do I Get The Mixer To Ignore Kit Piece Changes?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all. I'm building some new drum kits. I'll select some toms to try, for example. I'll go into the mixer, set the levels where I want them. OK, so now I want to hear a different set of toms. I select a new set, and the mixer changes, and I have to set the levels again. Can i change kit pieces and have the mixer settings stay where I want them? Thanks.

Hi edilkp i have just verified my kits have différents level so Mdrummer save the mixer with them.
Maybe i have maid them with standalone version ai don't know what is a problem but Vojtech we know :D

By the way i have just seen mdrummer can import SF2 and.NI kits awesome!

Hmmm, I think the behaviour is normal and actually I don't know how Simon did it :). But maybe I'm wrong somehow. The thing is, this cannot work like that, because the drums are usually set so that they have pretty much similar level, so that everything is compatible to everything. But of course, if you are not happy about "how compatible it is, there's a problem".

You can do a little trick though - use MDrummer 16 out, send toms to some output channel and set the levels in your host. Assuming the toms are similar in loudness indeed, when you change the toms then, these will have the same level as they had before, approximately. Then when you are happy with the toms, you just set it up in MDrummer. It's a step "around", but it should solve the problem.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok i have just rechecked and read more carefully the edkilp post.
So my level are saved with the kit.
So the trick is to make many kits per eg:
Kit1 tom set 1=> set the level =>save the kit
kit1 tom set 2 => set the level =>save the kit
So you have just to switch the kit for to have just the tom with the level saved with the kit before.

I hope i understand correctly and it 'll help.I think it's normal the level of each piece of the kit is saved.
When you open a kit all the slider volume reset to 0db?

That's correct, but that way you changed the components (if I understand it correctly). Don't get me wrong, you can do it, it's correct, but you are changing the factory content.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Vojtech, I'm sure they are all recorded the same, and the levels are relevant. I'm in the Designer tab. From there I can change all the toms at once. So I select Stick Pearl masters Flat. The levels for each tom is -5.46. So I play around with that for a while, then I decide I want to try Stick Pearl Masters Classic Punchy, and all the levels are -8.36. So I adjust them louder, so they fit with everything else. After a bit, I change it back to the Flat set again, and the levels are back to -5.46.
It's not something that's making me unhappy. I just didn't know if there was a way to make the mixer keep my levels where I have them when I want to audition different snares, toms, etc.

Simon, I really don't want to save kit after kit after kit at this point. I'm still in the process of building the kit, so there's nothing to save yet. Understand? I'm auditioning kit pieces which will be saved with the kit when I have it complete. Doing it the way you suggest will have my kit folder bursting at the seams! My levels are saved with the kit as well. I'm referring to the levels that are pre-set when I select a set of toms.

Understood. Anyway I'm afraid it cannot be prevented. It just loads a different component and there every drum has some predefined level, different every time...
Vojtech

OK, I can live with that. Another question then. After I tweak and adjust my toms, is it possible to save that particular set of toms? Or do i have to save the whole kit? There are separate folders for the tom sets, so I'm thinking that after I get a set of toms set up to my liking I should be able to save them, and have them available from the tom list, right?

Well, I'm looking just about everywhere, and I don't see any option to save the toms as a set.

@Vojtech, yes i save new kit based on the stock pièces but with my own mixer levels.
@ edkilp i understood the pre post process maybe you can use the compare function but you 'll need to save you're whole kit anyway.
But i don't see what is the problem to do this.
You can also maid a simple kit without tom and another kits with just the toms and use the join function too.

There really isn't a 'problem' doing that, besides the fact that I don't particularly want a folder with dozens of drum kits to sift through just to find subtle differences in tom levels. I'd like to see future versions with the ability to customize for example, a set of toms and save them to the folder with the other tom sets. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think we can do this. Can we? If I add layers and such to make the perfect snare drum, can that snare be saved as My Perfect Snare, and then be selected and added to a kit? Or, do I have to save it as part of an entire kit? If so, then I'd have a kit called Really Good Kit, and then one called Really Good Kit With My Perfect Snare, then one called Really Good Kit With My Perfect Snare And Roomy Toms, etc, etc.

I think I'm asking for the ability to save individual kit pieces. Is this possible?

Yes it's possible like the same way described above:
per eg:
Make a drumkit empty load only a snare save the kit as "my snare drum"

Then use the load and join button.
You 'll need to mute the snare of the base kit if you're base kit have a snare in it.

About tons of folders simply use a good classification ,you can also u're own abréviations
per eg:
Really good kit (folder name)
perfect snare (kit name)
Perfect Sn+RoomToms or whatever simplified :p
and you can always use the schearch function.

Exactly! As far as I understand edkilp is talking about saving components - and these are nothing else than small drumsets containing say "just toms" ;)...
Vojtech

Or "just a Snare ^^ " or even just nothing= an empty kit.
Personnally i use only 2 full customs kit so things are simple at home :)

My secret weapon is my perfect kit named "one cowbell" :party:

Ok I see the light now. Thanks guys, and I'll start tweaking and saving!

Return to “MeldaProduction”