MB 7 Mixer doesn't load (maybe for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008)

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Blue Cat Audio,

I am an Italian potential customer and i have downloaded the demo of MB 7 Mixer (VST 32-Bit), but unfortunately the plugin doesn't load in both REAPER 4.73 (32-Bit) and FL Studio 11.1.1 (32-Bit).

I have read that this plugin uses the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 runtime , and maybe this is the problem ;

so I have some questions :

1) Do you have/known a package link for the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 and for the correct version of my O.S. (Windows 7 64-Bit) ?

2) Since I have Windows 7 64-Bit but the plugin is in VST 32-Bit version, I have to install the x86 version or the x64 version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ?

3) In the Control Panel of my P.C. (iNSTALL/REMOVE Programs) I can see that I have already installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 :
if I install the Visual C++ 2008 , the Visual C++ 2010 will be overwrited or the installation will be clean and safe ?

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply and congratulations for yours fantastics and innovative plugins.

Marco

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your interest in our plug-in. All our plug-ins are delivered with the appropriate VC++ Runtime, so you should not have to install it (The MB-7 Mixer is probably shipped with VC2012 runtime, actually).

If you use Reaper 32-bit, you should indeed install the 32-bit version of the plug-in, whatever operating system you are using.

So it is probably a different issue here. Have you checked that the plug-in is installed in a directory where Reaper and FL Studio look for plug-ins? And have you tried to force reaper re-scanning the plug-ins?

Hi Blue Cat Audio,

the problem persist with the new version 2.3 , but with an older demo version (exactly v2.11) that I have found in a my USB key all works fine ;

you say to me that the actual version 2.30 uses the Visual C++ 2012 : probably the installer doesn't install all the components needed by a P.C. without Visual C++ 2012.

I am almost sure of this because the installer of the version 2.11 has installed first the "vscredist 2008" and after the DATA and the .DLL files and all works fine , right away.

In addition , I am reading of people that are having problems with the new version 2.3 in Presonus Studio One too.

Thanks anyway ;
in a way or in another now I can test the plugin.

Have a nice day.
Marco

2.11 was indeed linking against VC 2008 binaries, but this has been changed with 2.2 or 2.3. The MS VC2012 runtime libs are installed with 2.3, and strangely, we have not received any complaint so far.

BTW, did you try to install 2.3 after the 2.11 was installed? Just in case there would be a dependency on VC2008 that was not properly removed on our side? That would help us find where the issue comes from.

Thanks!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”