MPowerSynth improvements & feature requests

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MPowerSynth

Hi folks, so here's the place to ask for features, and I'll be updating this first post, so you know what is the status. So:

TO BE RELEASED WITH 8.05b1
Pulse width transformation for oscillators... DONE
Panorama for oscillators... DONE
FL loop bug... FIXED
FL don't allow keyboard focus problem... IL says don't use it!
Trial length increased to 31 days... DONE
Sonar is destroying some notes... BUG IN SONAR VST3, REPORTED
Add Harmonizer FX... DONE
ADSR osc 1... DONE
Parameter smoothing for multiparameters... DONE
Probability & length for arp steps... DONE
Info for presets... DONE
Velocity & aftertouch & note tracking for filters... DONE
"Fade" filters... DONE

Microtuning... FOR LATER MAYBE... :)
Moving presets... FOR LATER MAYBE... :)

Separate oscillators as inputs for FX section... NOT APPROVED, secret reason ;)
Parallel filters... NOT APPROVED (too ineffective and probably not very useful)
Gliding harmony notes... NOT APPROVED (technical issues)
Drop shadow... PROBABLY NOT POSSIBLE, but styles could solve it
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Hi folks, so here's the place to ask for features, and I'll be updating this first post, so you know what is the status. So:

Pulse width transformation for oscillators... DONE
Panorama for oscillators... DONE
FL loop bug... FIXED
FL don't allow keyboard focus problem... IL says don't use it!
Trial length increased to 31 days... DONE
Wow!!!! This is lightning fast development!

I'd like to add

- parameter smoothing for multiparameters
- no latency / low quality pitch shift effect (low prio)
- correct gliding of notes when harmony notes are enabled
- possibly "punch" feature like the Virus has it, makes the attack of an osc even punchier than with regular 0ms attack, don't know what's the secret behind it.

Quick question Melda: I have maybe forgotten to see but where I find PMW (Pulse Width Modulation)? Or isn't it inside MPower? ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

@MillerSam
MeldaProduction wrote: Pulse width transformation for oscillators... DONE
It'll be there :-)

CableChannel: Can you send me some examples of the "punch" whatever it is? Just press the same note with punch and without (or if it has multiple levels...). Ideally on sine and saw.

MillerSam: Yet, it will be there ;). But note that it's not "osc -> osc PWM", but you'll have to use a modulator.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

@Vojtech: I sent you an email.

a couple of ideas.

-option of a sonogram wherever useful.

-some implimentation of buchla synthesis ala alto.

- make popup windows drop a shadow to better discern them from the rest

- in FX section, make each oscillator and noise available as independent inputs. That would open up awesom possibilities

- allow moving presets (change order in the preset window)

Ooh, I like that idea about final routing options in the FX section, it's perfect! It won't clutter the UI, the basic idea is intuitive, and there's so much potential if I can, say, only add reverb to osc one!

Technically, it should be doable - it would require adding some additional tap-off points to mix together all the osc 1 outputs from each note to make it available, and same at all the output points of osc 2, etc. So, not trivial, but a way to really increase the power of the synth in its differentiatingly powerful modular fx section!

CableChannel wrote: - in FX section, make each oscillator and noise available as independent inputs. That would open up awesom possibilities

- allow moving presets (change order in the preset window)
I second these requests. :)

The way I imagine osc to fx routing is the user has the option to select all osc for the input of the fx section or the option to use osc output modules as the inputs. If the filter is not bypassed, then the osc output module would include the filters osc sound.
Last edited by Genetic_Junk on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robertszalapski wrote:Ooh, I like that idea about final routing options in the FX section, it's perfect! It won't clutter the UI, the basic idea is intuitive, and there's so much potential if I can, say, only add reverb to osc one!
It would be especially cool for multiple input effects like sidechain-compressor or vocoder. You could use two separate oscillators as source and sidechain or as carrier and modulator and do all kinds of weird stuff :D

It would also be a sneaky way to use an oscillator as a frequency modulator and play it as well.

Or do some interesting stereo/panning of oscillators. Ideally, you'd have tap points at each oscillator before (and maybe after) it's injected into the signal flow. If someone wants to use it, they select it as an input in the FX section and this accumulates all the polyphonic sounds into one sub mix, just like the one that goes into the FX section now. But you'd have choices about what to pan where, compress, distort, EQ, whatever.

The main problem with this is that it's unfiltered. :-/

How would the filters fit in? This could be a CPU issue, since the filters are per-note. To keep the filters, you'd have to replicate them all per tap point?

I would like to make another plea for patch descriptions. Another column to hold the data, and a description field to enter it when saving--would make a big difference for me in experiencing the work of other people. Many synths do not have this, so some may not ask for it, but u-he's implementation has been very useful to me. It is a difficult thing to do a "wait-and-see" on, because it would mean that all the people making patches now would have to go back and add in the data. If it goes in now then all the info will be there for the full release end of October. Just a thought.

Anybody else missing this?

Will download soon. I didn't see free running instances for unison?

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MeldaProduction”